What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new ride...

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Well, as most (all?) of you know, my wife and I now have a baby about 3 months old... My extnended cab S-10 was not big enough so we bought a new truck. hehehe I like it. I wanted to go with the new Chevy Colorado (cause I'm a Chevy guy, but I was sooo dissapointed!! 5 cylinder (slow!) and they took away this trucks ability to carry any weight or pull any... Is it really a truck anymore?!!! A N Y W A Y. . . . Here is what we got, a 2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (edit 4X4
smile_m_32.gif
).... Sorry if the pictures are too big...
dodgedrive.jpg

dodedrivefront.jpg

dodgefront.jpg

dodgepassfront.jpg

dodgepass.jpg

dodgepassback.jpg

dodgeback.jpg

-Andrew

Oh, today was Deangela's first day back to work, so it was also my first day alone with Laurel. Is going excelent so far... I got lots done, even washed, waxed, took pictures of my truck... As you see above.
smile.gif

Nice truck. I sure do like those Dodge Dakotas.

I bought the Dakota Sport when it came out back in '93. I really liked it.

yours is really nice, even with the car seat in the front.

The car seat is in middle back buddy... Get it right!! Many mods to come... INCLUDING darker tint in the back. LOL I already have the digital device to correct the speedo comming (from the bigger tires) and will do the exhaust after Christmas.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Dec. 18 2005,5:41)]man, guys luv cars!
Errr, only some dude, only some. I couldn't care less whether I had a Yugo or a Porsche.
smile_n_32.gif

What's with the 'M' badge on the front?

You Americans definitely have funny taste in cars
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Dec. 18 2005,4:22)]What's with the 'M' badge on the front?

You Americans definitely have funny taste in cars
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif
the "M"? hahaha
That is the Dodge brand emblem... it is actually a Ram... *their full size trucks are the Dode Ram...* It looks like this,
77462d667531553162795542666c443977-140x119.jpg

Show us a picture of your vehicle... Lets see what you think is "not funny"
smile.gif

It is so sad that you had to give up you old, faithful truck. I hope that you can hobble along with your new one. You poor man.

beautiful truck man..i must admit i am a ford guy and then chevys after that.. but i am truely liking the dodge dakota..and i LOVE dark blue....

lol..the "m" sign..lol

nice

thanks

BRad

I hate to one-up you but...

Thunder%20Camry.jpg

That's my ride!
smile_m_32.gif

~ Brett

I wouldn't call that one upping me... I'd put my wife's 2001 Saturn L3 against that
smile_m_32.gif

I had some extra time right now.. Went outside in the dark and took this horrible picture. LOL You get the idea though.
saturn.jpg

Camry?? OK, if you say so. My ride is the Car of the Year for 2000 from Car and Driver. Suprises many "hot cars" by whipping their funky butts. Eats Mitsu's for lunch, Honda's can't touch it, and the handling is incredible. Brought it in from Germany for my 50th birthday.

....I know you ain't gonna leave it like that! Details!!!

Oh no, Andrew. I am leaving it just like that. Wanna know? Look at the back issues of C&D and find out what it is. Most folks don't believe it when I shut them down. Most think I Turbo'ed or Supercharged, but it came killer just being stock. I will give you this: FORD!

Andrew, it is your duty to take that truck out to a dirt road/and or mud pit and let loose. I hate seeing awsome 4x4's that never see the dirt. Get that thing off-road asap and get over some rocks and hills. You will fall in love the minuite you do.

-Rail

Rail- It always takes me a little while to come to do such a thing... This is the newest truck i've owned... It will get there.. The day my brother takes out his 2002 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 quad cab...
smile_m_32.gif
He just got that a few months ago also.
I'll pull a few pictures of my past trucks.... This is my first truck that isn't an S-10
smile_n_32.gif

Bug, I glanced... But havn't found it yet. I'll have to try again when i can dedicate some time... Just like you to waste time i don't have.
smile_h_32.gif

At first I was kinda impressed.... Then I found the car.
Ford Focus. Not really iimpressed anymore.
smile_n_32.gif

The article I found
Andrew

Andrew, the differences between the American made Focus and the German one is in the engine. Since you know nothing about the Cossie engine, I don't expect you to be impressed. However, when our Ford Dealer worked on the car, the Manager of the maintainance section came down on the mechanic for wasting so much time with a puddle jumper. My wife was nearby and took exception. She told where the car came from, and the Manager was still saying, its just a puddle jumper. The wife asked how long he would have the car, and the Manager said for the weekend. She told the guy to take my car home from the shop when it was done, and she would pick it up Monday morning. She said, "Tell me you are not impressed when you are done driving it this weekend."
Monday came around, and the Manager, after driving the car home, was so startled, he had to see what was so different about this car vs. American version. He went to the C&D site, and really read it, rather than looking at the cars name and closing the book, as I think you did Andrew. This is no ordinary Focus, and the Beamer Drivers know it too!! The wife wiped a BMW Z3 bigtime, and you SHOULD know the Z3 is one fast buggy! Anyway, the Manager was totally apologetic, and never even knew that a car similar in appearance to an American Focus, could be so vastly different. I don't need for you to be impressed, Andrew. just informed.

Back