Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hoot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction, Cannabis seed is devoid of active cannabinols or cannabinoids. Also, Cannabis is strictly wind-pollinated. Sure, a sizeable bird can flutter around among flowering plants, thus pollinating, but it wouldn't be intentional (nor would the bird benefit from any rewards the plant has to offer (which it doesn't have)).

Either someone fed it, hot boxed it (in which case the investigators would've smelled old smoke as well), or the owl was exceptionally curious. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Cheers
    Amori

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said the seed contained them. But the stuff around the seed does, and the flowers sure do, so if they're insect repellents, then something besides insects could be visiting the flowers, no? If you look at gourmet bird foods, you'll find hemp seed in many of them. Birds love the seeds, and marijuana crops are going to seed this time of year down south. He was probably just browsing and ingested the flowers along with the seeds.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I see what you mean.
    But aren't owls carnivores, the Screech Owl in particular? Maybe it ate a rodent full of goods.

Cheers
    Amori

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was my other thought, it was hanging out around the stand looking for 'magic mousies.' I imagine that stoned mice are pretty easy to catch.
    Many carnivores seem to walk the omnivorous line with grains. Lots of dog and cat foods have things like rice; my cat will attack you to steal your popcorn. I can imagine a hungry owl being carb-curious this time of year when rodent populations are down, enough to start snacking on readily available grains. Especially if they're laced with habit-forming psychoactives.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12