What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite form of communicaton?

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
There are more categories out there, but I was just curious as to how people prefer to communicate.

Personally, my favorites are PM's, followed by Email. Anything by which I can I can sit down and compose at my own pace, works best for me. I am no typist. I type too slowly to keep up with the teens and make lots of mistakes. But that's just me. How about you?

Me i preffer e-mails, PM's and chating online, i dont have long distance on my phone so i cant call anyone unless i have a calling card. I have a hard time keeping up as well with people in chat due to i cant type worth a crap, slow moe one finger typer..
smile_h_32.gif
smile_l_32.gif
While everyone is just zipping along im like geesh slow down let me read everything first.. LOL!! And yes i make alot of spelling errors at times..

i prefer in person(doesnt count on here as cosest members i chat with on a regular basis are atleast a 12 hour drive away), after that via email or PM, i hate talking on the telephone....................

I'm best on IM, but I wish I was best in person.

In order from what I preferred to what I least preferred:
Telepathy
Talking in person
phone
im
letter
email/pm
smoke signals

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Dec. 27 2005,5:26)]In order from what I preferred to what I least preferred:
Telepathy
Talking in person
phone
im
letter
email/pm
smoke signals
LMAO that's hilarious.

I don't like IM. I think E-mails are pretty good because they can be revised and put together at whatever pace you feel is right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Dec. 27 2005,5:26)]In order from what I preferred to what I least preferred:
Telepathy
Talking in person
phone
im
letter
email/pm
smoke signals
What, not a fan of morse code?
smile.gif

Depends who it is I'm communicating with. I prefer talking with people I like and emailing those I don't. But I email plenty of people I like because it's a cheap and convenient way to keep in touch. I don't like IM at all.

I prefer flashing a mirror from peak to peak over smoke signals. You can tell dirty jokes, and blind the other guy.

I'd rather IM... I don't worry about spelling or grammer... If the person i'm talking to doesn't get what i'm saying oh well.. haha... I HATE talking on the phone. My wife, i'd rather talk to in bed. LOL

Hey Bugweed -

Why not just light the Beacons of Amon Re? Not as much candlepower, but at least it keeps you warm too!

Mike

In person -> Phone/IM (depending on the person) -> PM/Email -> Letters.

We us voice over IP for phone, so I can call pretty much anywhere I darn want for however long I want for no cost (other than flat monthly fee).

I really like talking via instant message, but I think my favorite is email. Just like those above me said, it's just nice to be able to compose a message at my own pace.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Dec. 27 2005,10:29)]I'd rather IM... I don't worry about spelling or grammer... If the person i'm talking to doesn't get what i'm saying oh well.. haha... I HATE talking on the phone. My wife, i'd rather talk to in bed. LOL
Funny, thats the exact same way I prefer to talk to your wife.
(Ya, set em up that good, I gotta knock em down)

But seriously

In Person
Phone
IM

I Don't really like
Email
Letter

I guess I prefer more dynamic exchanges of information.

lol Gawd. That was a good one.
laugh.gif

Well, for people I like, in person is good. But of course with internet buds that usually not possible. So I like IM and email...PMs are alright. And although I don't mind talking on the phone I absolutely HATE HATE HATE calling someone on the phone. If they call me, that's great. If I have to do the calling...that's very hard for me.
confused.gif

Don't worry Dave. Someday in the future you may have your own "special someone" to talk to in a bedroom setting instead of thinking about my and other's special someones....
smilie4.gif

Yeah, and hopefully I won't be paying for the next one...

You'll be paying one way or another.

Hahahaha, this thread just turned into something great
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 28 2005,8:52)]And although I don't mind talking on the phone I absolutely HATE HATE HATE calling someone on the phone.  If they call me, that's great.  If I have to do the calling...that's very hard for me.
confused.gif
Now this I can totally relate to! I always feel as though the onus is on me to keep it going and pick the time to gracefully end it.

I've had a couple phone conversations with Elgecko and I was like a fish out of water. But when we have gotten together in person (5X) I was much more comfortable to be myself.

To give you an idea just how nutsy I am about writing, when I was in college and home on summer break, after work I would come home and immediately check the mail. I would then spend my evenings churning out 8 page letter after 8 page letter, illegible handwriting and crossouts. That was 8 full pages, both sides (16 sides), 8.5 x 11. One summer I sent out 57 letters to college buddies and actually got 43 in return. Not everybody was into keeping in touch or writing letters. Still, it was fun.

Back