What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cacti grows out of a girls arm

• Thread starter wezx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    cacti
Hey guys,

Have a look at this really scary and cool article. Someone gave me the link on another forum.

AHHH

My thoughts on this is that if this is contagious, we'll all mutate into savage walking plants which destroy everything in our path.

wezx

ooooops, been posted sorry lol and guys!

Get with the program!
laugh.gif

*Walks away with head down
smile_h_32.gif

Well that was just great, PAK, you made another one walk off with their head down... I can't take you anywhere anymore, can I!! lmao

you know, if there actually was less spelling errors, someone might have taken it seriously...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Dec. 29 2005,8:37)]you know, if there actually was less spelling errors, someone might have taken it seriously...
Its translated from Russian Cyrillics, thats hwy theres so many spelling errors
smile_n_32.gif

In case you didnt notice, the site is of a Russian Newspaper called Pravda
smile_n_32.gif

Wow! The oldest newspaper in Russia.

In case you guys don't know, I'm perfectly fluent in Russian, Old Russian, and Ancient Russian (Also called Slavonic), and in my experience, you'd have to be ummm less than intelegent to make those errors.
For example: too rather than to (typical american error
smile.gif
), and say learnt instead of learned... those have nothing to do with the translation.
And besides I wouldnt trust Pravda (means Truth) as it is not a very truthful paper
smile_m_32.gif

What is Izvestia?

News
Edit: now that i think about it, actually its more of a news/reports.
derived from a word vesti (news) --> izvestit' (to let know) so yeah izvesliya would be news/reports...
not roman letters though

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Dec. 30 2005,11:41)]In case you guys don't know, I'm perfectly fluent in Russian, Old Russian, and Ancient Russian (Also called Slavonic), and in my experience, you'd have to be ummm less than intelegent to make those errors.
For example: too rather than to (typical american error
smile.gif
), and say learnt instead of learned... those have nothing to do with the translation.
And besides I wouldnt trust Pravda (means Truth) as it is not a very truthful paper
smile_m_32.gif
Really? Where are you from?

I think it was mainly the translation from the Cyrrilic alphabet into the Roman alphabet, which isnt easy to do.

And I say learnt not learned, I didnt know it was the wrong way to say it
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Izvestia

It sounds like either a terrible disease or a hazardous building material.
smile_n_32.gif
Thank the heavens that Dimka was there to clear it up.
biggrin.gif

Back