What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ph of the medium

• Thread starter fudog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dews
I have some ph up and ph down left for previous hydroponic setups i had going. I also have test strips. Would it be worth while lowering the ph of the water before i water my utrics and dews??

Well for starters, what type of water are you using? If you're using reverse osmosis water, then the chances are that it's already somewhat acidic. In any case, I'm not sure if it'd really be of much (if any) benefit to the plants to give them acidic water. Though, you can always make an experiment, then we'll know for sure!

I buy distilled water. And I ve read that i should add some peat to the bottom of my planters. Cause it rasies the acidity.

I'm sure that the use of peat and / or LFS will be sufficient in providing an appropriately acidic environment, without the use of chemical additives.

I use distilled water. But I was curious if the extra acidity would help of not. I also use a mix of sand/lfs peat/LFS for my potting media.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I use distilled water. But I was curious if the extra acidity would help of not. I also use a mix of sand/lfs peat/LFS for my potting media.

Probably not. I would imagine the peat/LFS has the optimal pH.

Back