What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone here playing with Maya?

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
my wife just picked up 60 pounds of computer books, most for her new part time job as a computer programer. along with the C# and Visual Basic and such texts she saw two Maya 5 books with Personal Learning Edition software that she thought would interest me since i like playing with photoshop and Maya works with Photoshop. after checking online i see the version 7 Personal Learning Edition is also availible. a full version runs about $4,000 so i doubt ill ever get it but this personal learning software says it will do 'bout 99% of what the full version will it just saves stuff funky so that it cant be used comercially. anyways looks to be cool and powerful software and was curious if someone else was playing with it.

I have played with it a little bit. It's a powerful 3D modeling/animation program used for alot of games and some big movies (spiderman maybe??)

I have used 3D Studio max to do alot more with 3D stuff than maya and tried it mostly just to see how it compared.

I work at an advertising agency that uses Maya. The guy that runs it is pretty good with it. We use it in commercials and to animate logos etc.

I am a graphic designer there, but would love to get into 3D modeling and animation more.....at work or just as a hobby. The only problem with that is I am on the computer all day at work, and the last thing I want to do when I get home is spend more time on the computer.

Joel

Back