Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geocaching

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go to the main Geocaching site here to find out all you need to know.
    http://www.geocaching.com/

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, man my mom lives for geocaching. I don't think she is part of a club either but, she has gone to some picinics and other things where a bunch of cachers meat up. When she goes on vacation, her vacation is finding caches somewhere else. Over christmas I was staying at her house, and it was 11 at night, she got a email saying there was a new cahce couple miles from her house. We ended up going out there at 11:30 to try and be the first ones to find it, there is some guy that lives close to her that is always the first one to find all of them, he has like 90 first finds, Well on are way into this one we passed him on his way out.
    I have gone a few times on my own and actually found my first cache without even knowing it was supposed to be there, was just out in the woods and stumble upon the cache.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna play. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of caches in the Pine Barrens. I found a few last time we where there.
    I'll be looking for some more when I get there again. You can come along if you like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No kiddin'! That would be awsome. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question. I have been hankering for a GPS anyway...but I want to know...do the car navigators also double as a hand-held? Or are those two separate beasts? I'd really like a car navigator but it would be nice if you could use it also as a hand-held away from the car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are 2 different beasts. There might be some that crossover but not sure.
    I have used mine for driving as I have the TOPO maps loaded in mine. It shows roads, schools, parks, etc. There is other software that is more up to date and more has detailed roads for driving.
    The only problem would be that the hand held (I have a Garmin Legend) has a small screen to use when driving.
    Also you can only load so many maps depending on the memory of the unit. Mine has 8 megs of memory and using the TOPO maps can fit all of the NJ maps in it to give you an idea.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought about looking for some in the Pine Barrens when I was there, but I didn't have time to get the info on them before I left. I figured I wouldn't have time to look for them anyway, which I didn't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast