Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: N. vikings on ebay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably buy one from Nong himself. Expensive though. I keep on seeing nepenthes when I visit the huge outdoor market in Bangkok. But that was before I could tell the difference between a Nep and a sundew, let alone identify vikings. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] the vendor told me there were three species in a large bundle (one of which I now recall as mirabilis), wanted to sell me the whole thing for less than a US dollar. Then I realised they had been ripped out the soil and there were hardly any roots left. Not many vendors in thailand know the true value of what they are selling (but still, must...bargain...) BTW Yoss, by ridiculous do you mean ridiculously expensive or ridiculously cheap?

I will watch the guy. Have emailed hima again and waiting for a reply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thailand.. what do you think? Ridiculously cheap of course.
    If you can buy a good dinner for just above 1USD how much do you expect plants to cost?
    Yossi

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have to pay them at least 5 times that to be fair. I don't enjoy robbing people [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The plants *appear* to be illegally poached.

A few members have contacted ebay, although it seems they can't be bothered to do anything about it at the moment.

I would urge you to report the member - if he's innocent he's got nothing to worry about.
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Jan. 09 2006,3:27)]The plants *appear* to be illegally poached.

A few members have contacted ebay, although it seems they can't be bothered to do anything about it at the moment.

I would urge you to report the member - if he's innocent he's got nothing to worry about.
    One would get the impression, wouldn't they?
    I am kind of curious to see what happens to the winner of one of those auctions-like the import paperwork, CITES, ect.
    There is good news out of this....I believe Nong was reporting that the Tsunami wiped out the local(or so he thought), and if these are the geniune article, apparently some populations are alive and well(until somebody digs them up and sells them on eBay).

Cheers,

Joe

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. I would certainly like to send my money for the auction, but I have this hankering suspicion that someone would report me, and cause me a lot of trouble. So "iffy" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (lol @ Jan. 09 2006,8:06)]I don't know. I would certainly like to send my money for the auction, but I have this hankering suspicion that someone would report me, and cause me a lot of trouble. So "iffy" [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] .
    If you need to wonder whether someone would report you, then it is probably something you should squash in the first place. If you are doing everything legal then you have nothing to worry about. Sounds like to me you realize that it might not be a good idea but still would like to get your hands on a plant through illegal means.

If it smells like a donkey, looks like a donkey & sells for the price of a donkey, then you can bet your bottom dollar you aren't getting a horse.

Wolf
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol - tip for next time, if you intend of doing something illegal/immoral don't go bragging and trying to justifiy it among people from all over the world...
    Yossi

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast