Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: N. vikings on ebay

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure many have seen the current slew of vikings being sold on ebay by a seller from Thailand. Is this legal? I don't believe they use any documentation, although you may not need any since viking is an undescribed species. I don't believe the main source, nepenthesthai, uses documentation either. What do you guys know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know that we can't just fly into Thailand and bring a plant back with us, but within the country it may be legal to collect the plants, especially if someone owns the property on which they grow. I'm not sure about them selling, but maybe they've got export permits (or don't need them) and are assuming any buyers will have proper import permits. Anyway, people trade plants illegally quite a lot, though usually not that openly.

-D. Lybrand
    Check my growlist! Nothing currently available for trade...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see that someone is aware of this as well. Was just going to post it.

CAUTION: The auction may be false. I highly doubt that the seller is selling the real viking since the price is ridiculously low and I don't think there are that many vikings outside of Thailand yet. He may just send some mirabilis substitute. I have emailed the person about them and trying to set up an appointment to visit him (he still thinks I think he is Nong) when I go to Bangkok. Plus he tried to fake 2nd quality english. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] This guy is registered as narongpol123.

I know Nong and he has said he does not know anything about ebay and is not auctioning anything on it. Plus take a look at the member's profile, it says registered in AMERICA. Look!. The content is exactly the same as on Nong's site (here), the guy has just copied it.

What can Nong do about it? This isn't right. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] Some of you have some experience w/ idiots copying your photos right?

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had purchased a pack off ebay, but haven't paid because of suspicions. I don't believe this guy has been masquerading as Nong, however. His address is indeed in Thailand, or atleast that's the address he gave me to send a money order to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, then why is he registered in the US? There was a bit of confusion after I asked Nong whether I could pay him by cash when I won the auction. Of course he was surprised.

I just mistook him for Nong as the website content is exactly the same. If he is located in Thailand then it is possible he has the true viking. Still it is so much cheaper than Nong's...

If you do get it, lol, do let me know as I have wanted a viking for a long time... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I saw the vikings listed as well and also found it odd. Someone may want to contact ebay. Jason, if you find out anything conclusive showing that what he is doing is illegal, then you should definitly contact ebay to get his listings stopped ASAP. I suppose we'll need to keep an eye open...
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Viking are not so hard to find when you're in thailand. I saw them on the street markets for ridiculous prices...
    Yossi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not touching those with a 20 foot pole. If you want a viking, buy it from Trent.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast