User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to Bangkok, Anyone can recommend

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I'll be going to bangkok soon, so can anyone recommend good places to buy neps cheaply or see them in the wild? Ill be in Bangkok with my bro and family for 4 days and khao Yai (mountain) for 2 days.

We own a piece of Land up in Khao Yai and we're wondering if we're able to collect a tiny tiny bit. Some of our relatives say that they've seen loads of neps growing on the roadsides of our land, so... Yay! Hope we find some of the rarer ones.

We'll be going to chaktuchak and neofarm, but we wanna find other sources, which will be probably cheaper than neofarm.

Thanks,
    wezx
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangkok - go to 'Thewet flower market' (not the wet!) and to JJ's on wednesday.
    You'll find lots of nepenthes, orchids and other stuff you never knew existed...
    If you want more info pm me, maybe I'll remember a thing or two.
    Yossi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bangkok, Oriental city
    But the city don't know what the city is getting
    The creme de la creme of the chess world
    In a show with everything but Yul Brynner

sorry, thats all I know about Bangkok! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Scot, class of '87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, I think I heard that JJ (Chatuchak) has quite alot of plants for sale on Wednesday. If you go on Sunday, there are less plants, but you can find anything from fake metiorites (perlite) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] to...fake jewelry there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the N x viking plant originate from one of the nurseries there?

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like an awsome trip. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] I hope you find something interesting. Take pics!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do PAK. But that usually means I have to buy something from them afterward. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

N. viking originates from Neofarm I think. Didn't see any at the wet markets the last time we went.

Hot, humid Singapore....but unfortunately, in a flat 7 stories up, sunlight blocked by tall buildings.......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks for the replies guys!
    Of course ill take some pics. Oh and anyone know the rules and regs about bringing out plants without any cert or anything? for example buying from a roadside stall.

Ebeyonder: Yes, at neofarm

Yoss: How bout the JJ on sunday? i won;t be making it for the one on wed, but i thought they were the same?
    A lady went into a grocery store and looked into the turket section. She needed a bigger one for her family, so she asks the stock boy: \"Do these turkeys get any bigger?\"

The stock boy replied: \"No ma'am, they're dead\"

Msn/email - wezx1@hotmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast