Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Get ready for the cold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Jan. 18 2006,5:58)]That's a long way away though! I wouldn't take anything the GFS says after 144hours with a big pinch of salt, but you never know.
    We shall see [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Generaly, yes, but it has been consistent on this same outcome for about 3 days now. We'll just have to wait and see. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im hibernating!!!!! No really i am, first it was ice rain and everything was a solid sheet of ice and going out the front door was like skating. Then within 1 hr after that it turned to heavey wet snow and we got majorly dumped on and now its extremly bitterly cold out once again, i hate this up and down cold and wamrish crud.. But i belive we aint seen the worst of ol man winter its just getting started.
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked local temps in Alaska, and some area are at -60F! More of the computer models are now predicting some of that air reaching North Dakota around February 1st. Get ready for the cold, because it will be coming soon. If anybody remembers the outbreak of Feb. 1951, this could be very similar. In Feb. 1951, Houston,TX had 3 straight days with highs 20F or lower!
    dewy
    My grow list/want list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw on the weather channel - can't remember the name of the city - the coldest continuously habitated city. From Dec. 1 - Mar. 1 the temperature never gets above 0 Fahrenheit. Somewhere in Russia it was.

I hate to see the possibility of a deep freeze. I'm in NW WI and the winter has been more like Missouri, where I lived for several years. We had some below 0 temps back in early December, but since around mid-Dec. it's been fairly mild - for WI. Not a whole lot of snow either. It seems the highs have been anywhere from 25-35 F for over a month now. Oh well, I guess we're due for some -50 F wind chills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks mild to me!

28th Jan
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Jan. 21 2006,12:48)]Looks mild to me!

28th Jan
    First of all, you are still using GFS, which doesn't handle cold air well. Also, Alaska is getting colder, with some areas having temps around -60F, which is only 8 degrees from the all time record! Second of all, Alaska is still getting colder as air from the North Pole and Siberia are bleeding into it. Meanwhile, the snow cover across the US is getting larger, which will allow for less modification when the arctic air finally comes. Finally, the cold air that is continuing to bottle up in Alaska continues to get colder, and as we all now, cold air is more dense than warm air. This will change the current zonal flow into more of a wetter and colder pattern. It should get to North Dakota by around Feb.5, but we will just have to wait and see.
    dewy
    My grow list/want list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you say GFS doesn't handle cold air well? GFS and ECMWF both spotted the trend for cold air to flood into western Europe next Thursday/Friday about 4 days ago.

Massive cold pooling is no good through unless the synopics come together to expand or move it. Is GEM still forecasting that large high pressure cell to move the cold air south?
    Alexis Vallance, U.K.
    Plant gallery
    Grow list

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't know what any of you are talking about. The cold weather seems totally gone here in Washington - the cherries are even blooming! That's spring in my book.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast