Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Get ready for the cold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so what you are saying is that we should start building giant fans all across the US/Canadian border. Then when the cold air starts coming we turn all the fans on and blow it back north.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Jan. 25 2006,3:47)]Ok, so what you are saying is that we should start building giant fans all across the US/Canadian border. Then when the cold air starts coming we turn all the fans on and blow it back north.
    No, I am just saying to get ready for the cold, because it will be coming in February.
    dewy
    John 3:16
    My grow list/want list
    Prior to the funeral home visit, we heard ~ "Hey'all watch this ! !"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at warming of the stratosphere, computer model runs,and various other things I use for forecasting the weather. The low last night in Fairbanks,Alaska was -50F, which was only 16 degrees from the all time record of -66F. Whitehorse,Canada is also getting colder, with a low last night of -28F. My conclusion is that the cold air will be coming probably around Feb. 5-10th for Northern parts of the US east of the Rocky Mountains.
    dewy

BTW, looks like a snowstorm might be shaping up for for the Northeast between the 14th-16th of Feb.
    My grow list/want list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mod please delete this
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (dewy @ Jan. 25 2006,1:24)]EDIT- Forgot to add, it is -45F in Fairbanks,AK,whereas they should be at around 5F this time of year!
    http://www.weather.com/weather/local...search_current
    Yet the 10 day shows it getting warmer through February 4th. http://www.weather.com/weather....eclared
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Jan. 26 2006,4:39)]
    Quote[/b] (dewy @ Jan. 25 2006,1:24)]EDIT- Forgot to add, it is -45F in Fairbanks,AK,whereas they should be at around 5F this time of year!
    http://www.weather.com/weather/local...search_current
    Yet the 10 day shows it getting warmer through February 4th. http://www.weather.com/weather....eclared
    Weather.com has been showing that warming trend for a week now, but it has just gotten colder instead. Generally, with such a cold air mass in place, the forecast is usually too warm.
    dewy
    My grow list/want list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone check to see what Dr. Turi has to say about this?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,models continue showing the cold air coming into the US starting around Feb.6th or so.Yukon,Alaska had a low this morning of -64F! I won't be able to make any more forecasts until Feb. 18th as I will be busy with school until then.
    dewy
    My grow list/want list

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast