Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Back from the dead

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for thr kind words folks! I've had a bit of "I can't do anything right" for the past week while trying to finish the heads on a couple new dual figure sculpts. Everything looks bad and I always end up squishing it up and trying again. darn superwomen with their attractive comic book faces that have to look hot even when they're making an angry face...

So today I took a break and brought out the machette and hacked down all the weedy, half dried neps and relived some of that tension! I haven't seen the back wall of any of these terrariums in almost 3 years! Now I see all kinds of new space for more![img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Sorry Bob! I forgot you had all those pic links. I'm still hoping I'll find a CDR somewhere with the site on it somehwhere as it was about 2 years worth of work... I too make those backups periodically but for some reason the last one is empty. That's a real heartstopper when you think "No sweat, I've got it covered it's on the disk..." and it aint! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good to see you and your work again, Swords!
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey! I'd been wondering what'd happened to you! I was starting to fear that the folks at your mom's work had hired a hitman and taken you out of the picture. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ho-ly CRAP! Those works are awesome! The fabricator general is amazing! And I love the mollusc! You, sir, are a genius!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much for the concern! She took the early retirement (not a full pension but pretty close)to avoid any further harrassment. Her friends at work hung up a huge banner on her last day "Congratulations on your forced retirement", the company didn't like that one bit but that was the point! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] I don't know where they got it made but it was pretty cool, vynil with printed letters not just computer paper! I think she's happer than I've ever seen her now though, a bit bored at times but I'm keeping after her to try and get her into doing portraits or some kind of art again.

The Fabricator is slowly being painted, you'll really be able to see some detail in the paintup pics. He's actually part one of a 3 figure diorama (Fabricator General, Celestial Navigator and Terrestrial Observer) which will make up the command bridge of a Warhammer 40K "Mechanicum of Mars" forgeworld ship during the height of the Horus Heresy.

The mollusc is the "beast of burden" who will be pulling the Great Unclean One's plague cart. I've yet to sculpt the carcass chariot and the snails war altar/yoke but just for scale here's a shot of the unclean one (before he was finished) next to a standard space marine terminator:

As you can probably tell, I rediscovered the Warhammer stuff recently and I've collected all the recent background info books, comics and artbooks. I love all of it! Since I don't play the game (no friends) but have always liked the atmosphere and mythos behind the Warhammer world these books are great without any info about the game in them just fantasy. I love all the fake supporting documentation in books like 13th black crusade, sabbat worlds, darkness rising, etc. Too bad theres so much crappy art in the enormous Liber Chaotica book though, sketches are cool but not in a book that expensive! The art could've been SOOO much more! There's a mindbending amount to read though. Not the least of which, the insane ranting notes scribbled in the margins by the imaginary author! I'm almost positive HP Lovecraft would've been proud of this style of text presentation!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first one looks sorta like a mechanical cthulhu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12