What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wine cooler purchase - need your expertise

Cindy

Staff member
Singapore can provide good light, great humidity but the temperature is lowest at 75degF. The combination of hot and humid nights have causes quite a number of CPs to suffer a setback.
icon11.gif

Here are few plants I am currently growing or have grown that seems to require a reasonable drop in night temperature.
Cephalotus
P. x "Sethos"
P. moranensis
U. sandersonii
U. reinformis
Live sphagnum moss

Will sending the plants to sleep in a wine cooler help them tide over the months when night temperatures hit 80s?

Will the wine cooler be helpful to highland nepethes too?
icon4.gif

Apparently no one can provide a real answer, so I'll say a well-stocked wine cooler should help you stop worrying about the temperature preferences of plants.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Jan. 22 2006,8:28)]Apparently no one can provide a real answer, so I'll say a well-stocked wine cooler should help you stop worrying about the temperature preferences of plants.
LOL
biggrin.gif

I don't know either, but sounds like it is worth a try since I now have a wine chiller.

Alright, I shall stock up the wine cooler. With highland plants, that is.
smile_m_32.gif
And I'll report the results.

Why dont ya use the fridge Cindy?

The wine cooler's free. And most importantly, I can see my plants through the glass.
smile_m_32.gif
I used to have a fridge just for the plants but that's at my dad's place. He will freak out if he drops by my new place and find CPs in my fridge. So wine cooler it shall be. lol

Back