What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petflytrap makeover

• Thread starter glider14
  • Start date

glider14

Always a newbie
do you all like it?

YOU DONT!! its been like totally made over

What got madeover, the forums? It still looks the same to me.

I like it. It looks much more professional than the previous design.

Pet Flytrap.com!!!

Nice clean design - I like it!
smile.gif

Not sure about the quality of the nepenthes photo though
smile_m_32.gif

that or the amount of plants Alvin. everything is GONE!!! what happened to the big nepenthes?
confused.gif
now all thats there is a teeny rafflesia
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. i do like the layout though
EDIT: just looked and there are no raff's but there are fazalina and judith finns

It looks pretty awesome! What the heck is a Nepenthes faizaliana? It sounds so exotic that I want to buy one!

-Ben

After seeing the olde face, the new one will take some getting used to.

right on bugweed when i first looked at it... i didnt know where anything was

It'll take a wuile to get used to, but it's nice. The only thing I'd really like to see changed is the border thing to the right of all the buttons. That borded gives off an feeling of cookie-cutter to me (and PFT is far from cookie-cutter) as I've seen it in about every single powerpoint presentation. Still, it's a nice outlay, good job!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Jan. 22 2006,9:18)]It looks pretty awesome!  What the heck is a Nepenthes faizaliana?  It sounds so exotic that I want to buy one!

-Ben
Ditto. I've never heard of this Nep.

Nice layout! - Here are a couple things I noticed: The Nepenthes photo is weak and how about adding a favicon? Also, why does the Nep picture lead to an overview of all plants while the flytrap picture just leads to the flytraps? Nicely done though!

~ Brett

If I had to choose I'd go back to the old one.
smile_h_32.gif

It's a bit easier for me to get around on. Did have trouble with the drop down selections though. None of the ones I tried worked for me. Don't know if it's the site or a problem with my Mozilla browser.

I think it's a good step, but some more pictures would really be a benefit. I can see what people are saying about the Nep pictures on the main page (pixelation,) and it would be nice to not have to see "Image Not Available" any more. A good first step.

I'd give some suggestions (websites are my profession), but I have a feeling the work is pretty much done with and it wouldn't be in the budget to have the designer start revising things.

There sems to be no link to here (the forums)
from there (the new PFT webpage)

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Jan. 22 2006,8:28)]There sems to be no link to here (the forums)
from there (the new PFT webpage)

Scot
It's in light grey next to the cartoon of the lady typing on her computer keyboard in the lower left corner of the home page.

Edit: Unless I'm blind or my browser is whack, I no longer see a link from the forums to Petflytrap.

Back