What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oops: Camera dagnles in front of Bush's face

• Thread starter dewy
  • Start date
That's the same look on his face when he was told about 9/11.

Speaking of Bush, I found this article that I have never seen before.

bush_segway_large.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Jesus Died for This???

In Kennebunkport, Maine, President Bush managed to tip over a Segway while attempting to ride it -- despite the fact that the scooters are equipped with tilt sensors and five high-tech gyroscopes, which are supposed to prevent them from tipping over. So how did Bush manage to nearly fall flat on his face? After seeing photos of the gaffe today, I tried to find out by speaking to a number of Segway enthusiasts.

"You have to turn it on," explained Segway spokeswoman Stacy Ferguson, whose office had spoken to White House officials after the incident.

Thats our man! Unplugged and stumbling in a dark, grainy world...
smile_m_32.gif

I'll help your confused turning head April.  Ok, I know you don't plug a Segway in--just a play on words because he didn't turn the power on.  And the picture looked dark, unfocused, hence grainy.  In other words, stumbling in the dark as usual.  It was a metaphorical expression of his bumbling IMO.  It is a JOKE.  It is not a comment to start the great next political debate.  He's not really my man BTW--Ozzy's my man!
smile.gif
 Honestly, I thought Bushophiles would be upset by my comment.  I didn't realize I would have to do this much splaining!
smile_m_32.gif

confused.gif
Where's my horse?

Funny Ozzy. Maybe you can understand this. I heard you're also fond of horses!

Laura Bush's wisecrack about her naive husband accidentally milking a male horse:

"George didn't know much about ranches when we bought the place. ... But I'm proud of George. He's learned a lot about ranching since that first year when he tried to milk the horse. What's worse, it was a male horse."

smile_n_32.gif

About the swinging camera distracting the Prez:

"Thank god it wasn't shiny, we may have lost him for weeks!"
-John Stewart, The Daily Show

You have to admit its a long time since the US has had a president you can laugh at as often as we do at Bush.
biggrin.gif

I'd rather laugh him out of office.....

I'd laugh too if he wasn't the cause of so many people being killed.

Hmm good point. Our own Prime minister shares the blame for that and I think most people in the UK feel the same way about him these days. The sooner he is out of office the better.

JBL..it wasn't confusion..it was more resigned bemusment.

Oh...oops. Sorry. I guess we can add me to the pantheon of pathetic rambling bumblers...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Jan. 31 2006,4:22)]JBL..it wasn't confusion..it was more resigned bemusment.
I think the confusion is the expression that Bush has most of the time.

Back