Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It figures the one year I put my plants into

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I have been growing CPs now for a couple years now and the hardest part for me is dormancy. See I live in Ohio where it usually gets rediculously cold during the winter and as such I lose a lot of plants every year. This year I aquired a minifridge for the sole purpose of safely getting my plants through dormancy. So december comes around temperatures dip into the teens for about a week, I bring my plants inside and melt them out of the ice, apply fungicide, stickem in bags, label them and throw them in my fridge. A week after I do this the temps soar into the 50s. They have been into the upper 20s-50s ever since. I could have left the dang plants outside this year! Oh well I think it just means that mother nature has no heart and enjoys playing tricks on me. Oh well at least this year it looks like all my plants are going to survive I'm thinking about potting them up and sticking them outside so they could have a head start if spring is really early this year. Of course mother nature will probably try to screw me over again by having the temps dip back down to -15* F. Grrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm from OH myself. I'm 20 mins South of Cleveland. I know what you mean with this weather, where did our snow go? Not that I'm complaining but seriously I want my winter [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img].

I have my plants sitting on top of my fridge in the garage. They are still sleeping. I think we are going to get hit with a lot of snow eventually. But so far this has been the warmest winter I can recall.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Jan. 28 2006,6:25)]I'm from OH myself. I'm 20 mins South of Cleveland. I know what you mean with this weather, where did our snow go? Not that I'm complaining but seriously I want my winter [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img].

I have my plants sitting on top of my fridge in the garage. They are still sleeping. I think we are going to get hit with a lot of snow eventually. But so far this has been the warmest winter I can recall.
    I want my winter simply because I want to justify getting a minifridge for dormancy this year. *Shakes fist at mother nature*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOTHER NATURE sticks tongue out at Allosaurz. Sez, "I'll do what I want, buster!"
    Its best not to fool with Mother Nature!
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I grew plants in Ohio for 4 1/2 years. I was about 2000ft from the shore of lake Erie. So I know your frustration. Before I left, I grew most of my plants outside year round. If you guys want to know the details, just let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Jan. 28 2006,7:08)]If you guys want to know the details, just let me know.
    I want to know why Ohio allowed you in their state for 4 1/2 years. And why North Carolina allowed your return. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]
    My chicken legs taste like chicken--only less meaty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They had no choice. His lawyer argued the bill of rights, which will even protect those like Ozzy.

It is unseasonally warm here as well. Everything is coming out of dormancy early, which of course means that the big freeze is coming.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather warm here in NY, too. I went to all the trouble of mulching the doggon bog, and for nothin'! Oh, well....better than the other way around!
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast