What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snow????

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Hey is anyone getting any snow??? So far, it seems that my side of the country (east coast USA) has not gotten much this year. So far we've only had 6 snow days for school, but the local weather man says that Febs gonna be a doozy.

No I don't want any either
confused.gif

Well we started out pretty good in early December with some light snows...pretty but not long-lasting. But nothing since then. I hope February will bring some...because pretty soon spring will be rolling around and I'd like at least one BIG snow. I love snow.
smile.gif

Even Buffalo is currently devoid of snow. I heard the same thing abot February... somewhere around 2/6, we should be seeing an Arctic air mass swoop down (Siberian Express?). Can't wait for the Lake Effect!
smile_m_32.gif

lol it's about time I guess, but I definately don't mind having a warm winter, I wonder whether it is goning to have any negative ipacts on nature around these parts of the world.

So far we haven't got much at all in Buenie, but the ski resorts around us seem to be doing OK.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (zac @ Jan. 31 2006,5:05)]lol it's about time I guess, but I definately don't mind having a warm winter, I wonder whether it is goning to have any negative ipacts on nature around these parts of the world.
Not likely, the weather tends to fluctuate over periods of time. For some years it will be awefully cold, and then the next few years tend to be unusually warm. I'm hoping for just ONE big snow, maybe miss a week straight, then I'm good for the rest of the year.

My mom remembers one time when they didn't have school for a month straight!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

It's been a great winter so far. We've spent most of it in the 60's and 70's.
Big improvement from last year.
smile.gif

Back