Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craft Store Find

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mom found this the other day at a popular craft store. It was in the dried flower section and I think she paid around $5 for it. I couldn't believe it when she sent me the picture.
    -Nick
    It's like walking out a door and discovering it's a window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first, I didn't realize what that was, but then I saw it was a Sarracenia clump. There's no way that people grow those plants in a greenhouse for those arrangements; it takes too much time. It kinda sickens me to think where they got it from. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And your right, Ben! Jim Miller and Brooks Garcia were out to do another Cp video on the flowering and first growth of spring. When they got to Citronelle a month after the flowering, they encountered a sad sight. S. alata was everywhere, s. r. ssp. wherryi, and numerous natural hybrids. The spent flowers was all of s. leucophylla left to see. Thankfully, the rhizomes were not taken, but not one s. leuco leaf could be found anywhere. The flower business LOVES s. leucophylla leaves for dressing up their bouquets! And it only costs the s. leucophylla the first of the seasons photosynthesis. Lousy trade off for so magnificent a pitcher plant, but hey, its money in the bank, right? NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Methinks Farmer Joe needs to trade the shotgun with rocksalt for an M107 .50 sniper rifle. I don't want the poachers merely dead; I want them gutted, entrail and grey matter splashed for 50 yards behind them as a warning to others! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img]
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer a Weatherby Mk V, .308 caliber. I prefered it, way back when. I prefer it now.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ][...] but hey, its money in the bank, right? [...]
    "Welcome to America's Bank of Corruption: destroying your children and their futures, how may I help you??"
    I've got a ski mask, any one else for finding this bank and takin' back that money and putting it to something more constructive than poaching?
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How sad [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do indeed grow those plants for arranging, If you read Gardening with Carnivores by Nick Romanowski the final chapter is: "Sarracenia as cut flowers, methods of commercial production". So it may not be as nefarious as it looks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast