What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weapon of choice against poachers?

We can't collect from any state owned land. Because it's owned by the state! I guess they send people out to assess the populations of flora and fauna on the land in question, and determine if there are any species that need to be relocated.

I had to stand by and watch a stand of a particularly endangered sub-species of a plant called puzzytoes get plowed under last Spring because I couldn't get permission from the landowner or state to collect. It was on the roadside, and there was a dispute as to who owned the plants. It was a big bummer. Kinda broke my heart.

Puzzytoes is not really the name of the plant. actually the z's should be s's.

A girl I work with has some of the forementioned plant in her yard. Don't know if it is the subspecies you are looking for, or if we even have that subspecies up here, if you could explain the difference between the standard and the sub, once the ID is able to be determined, I'm sure she'd let me take a few for you, if they are what you are looking for.

Back