User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weapon of choice against poachers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well.. let me see..if it was in a area where bears are..lets tie them to a tree and put honey on them..and seen in..idk whats its called..

or..well..a 22-250 would slow them down..

thanks

Brad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The poachers deserve a qiuck death, as in 3 to 4 shots from my ak. The devolpers deserve something totally different. If I had my way, I'd tie them to a stump that was infested with a colony of fireants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Illinois, it is illegal to take ANYTHING from State Parks. Seeds, plants, rocks, sticks, whatever. I work at a State Park, part time on a volunteer basis. They don't even let volunteers take seeds, let alone plants. You can collect from Federal lands(national forests, national monuments) with a permit. It is illegal to collect from roadsides, unless you've got written permission from the state. Which is a pain in the butt to get, but can be obtained after many hours on hold.

Some National Park employees have taken to accompanying "students" to sites that contain rare/endangered plants because these "students" had a tendency to over-collect the plants that they wanted to "study".

The only place you can collect without a permit is private property, but you must, of course, have the owner's permission. A former member here had some school/do gooder go thru her woods and "rescue" all her trillium grandiflorum. Which she had bought and planted.

If the collector doesn't have a permit or permission, the collector is stealing, plain and simple. and can be arrested and prosecuted, which they should be..and I don't care if the bulldozer is sitting right there.

People who just go out and dig up whatever, whenever really give legitimate plant rescue groups(like the Wild Ones)a bad name, and make it harder for them to do their job. Just IMO.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya you are right April, it is illegal to collect from parks here as well, but not from state owned public land, not classified as a park. Public Hunting areas are open to collection.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can't collect from any state owned land. Because it's owned by the state! I guess they send people out to assess the populations of flora and fauna on the land in question, and determine if there are any species that need to be relocated.

I had to stand by and watch a stand of a particularly endangered sub-species of a plant called puzzytoes get plowed under last Spring because I couldn't get permission from the landowner or state to collect. It was on the roadside, and there was a dispute as to who owned the plants. It was a big bummer. Kinda broke my heart.

Puzzytoes is not really the name of the plant. actually the z's should be s's.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A girl I work with has some of the forementioned plant in her yard. Don't know if it is the subspecies you are looking for, or if we even have that subspecies up here, if you could explain the difference between the standard and the sub, once the ID is able to be determined, I'm sure she'd let me take a few for you, if they are what you are looking for.
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123