What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tacca plants

hi all,the taccas i purchased recently are blooming .Really loved them and stunned by the long "whiskers" . I can see the seeds being exposed,i may be wrong to say they are seeds. However anyone who is growing let me know. I plant them in semi shaded area,mixture of moss+treated soil. sometimes they are exposed to direct sun but so far no leaves burned.
smile_m_32.gif

tacca2alt.jpg

tacca3.jpg

tacca4.jpg

Robert
smile_m_32.gif

I have always thought taccas were really interesting. I'm not sure they would grow in my area though. Nice plants and flowers!
smile.gif

<span style='color:teal'>Hello Robert!
smile.gif

I have Tacca plants, i cultivate them and even sale them.

My advice to you is always provide shade for these plants. They can tolerate indirect sun-light, but never direct light. This will burn the leaves and will produce a small and unhealthy growth.

About flowers and seeds. Those things you see in the flower are not the seeds. The seeds are produced inside the fleshy and aromatic fruit and they are like small, fat half moons. Each fruit can produce from 20 to 30 seeds. You will have a lot of seeds  
smile_m_32.gif

Only that these fruits will take from 2 to 3 month from the fecunded flower to a mature fruit. But the wait will be worth, Tacca seeds have a high % of successful germination
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Those aren't seeds, they're little monkey heads!!!! Run away!!!!

Capslock

Very cool plant! Haven't seen these before, but I'll be sure to read in to them!

Hi to everyone and thanks for the reply. Joel thank you for the explaination otherwise i will always thought those are seeds
smile_h_32.gif
smile.gif
. Recently we have very bright and unbearable heat and i have moved all the plants to shade
smile.gif

Robert

<span style='color:teal'>Hello Robert! You are very welcome!
smile.gif

God that you have moved your plant to a shader place. That is good for she.

If you need more info about this plants, just let mek now. I'll gladly help.

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Back