What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For my friends south of the Mason-Dixon

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
My brother-in-law forwards me Emails of humorous nature, a few times a week. Some of them are actually clean enough to bring to the public. Here is one:

Subject: Ya Gota love the South
Lord knows I love the South

file0031.jpg

th_file0081.jpg

file0121.jpg

nosubjec1.jpg

file0011.jpg

I don't see what this has to do with the south. The top pic looks photoshopped, and if it's real they look more like CA. in the 80's.

The second pic could be either but from what I've seen people in the north drink way more beer than those in the south.

The third pic is defiantly from above the mason dixon line. Look at the landscape, I'd bet it was from Ohio.

The hairy back pic was taken at Bristol Tenn. I'll claim that one, but I know a lot of northerners that go to the Bristol racetrack.

And for the last pic, most of America's fattest cities are not from the south.

I've lived in the north and south, and I met way more yankee rednecks than southern ones.

I live in the south.....

Quite an accurate representation I might add!

I think the car is from up north though, why would a car in the south need a plow? It harldy ever snows here in Georgia.

I guess some of those are accurate, but not all. To be sure, most southerners are not like that. I think they're funny though.

-D. Lybrand

Wife & I got a chuckle over all of them...especially the burger queen.
laugh.gif

I don't know, that all looks Midwest to me...
Cheers
Amori

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shokuchuu @ Feb. 11 2006,7:32)]I don't know, that all looks Midwest to me...
Cheers
Amori
Hey, don't I know you from somewhere else?

There were 13 pictures in all, but I posted the ones I thought were the funniest - and the ones I actually got!

O.K. We will claim a few in the Midwest ! My neighbor actually drives a lawnmower with sidepipes and a snowplow blade on the front. Come to think of it he kinda looks like a roadie from Foghat..... Anyway you can find these folks all ovet this great country of ours. Personally I won't discriminate between the Northern Redneck (NR) and the Southern Redneck (SR) as they are equally entertaining.:p

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hey, don't I know you from somewhere else?

Hm? As in, I live in the UK and lurk on CPUK? Yes. I also used to live in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Some things can't be expressed through images, such as parents who had named their boys Hunter and Rider (I still shudder at the mere thought).
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Amori

Additional pics:

file0131.jpg

file0101.jpg

file0071.jpg

file0051.jpg

file0021.jpg

kind of rude. Don't think you should sterotype southerners.

Back