Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i overdosed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it helps, I think the result of continuing down that road is MUCH MUCH scarier...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Clint, you are demonstrating true courage on more than one level right now. We've all made some bad choices in our lives - ALL of us. Not too many have to wherewithall to come clean like you did, though.

Stick to the road you have now chosen - it leads much farther and is far smoother than the one you were on. It's just the entrance ramp that's a bit bumpy.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Feb. 11 2006,8:01)]We've all made some bad choices in our lives - ALL of us.
    Yep. Guilty as charged [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] . Takes a lot of courage to face up to a bad choice and take responsibility for it. It will take more of that courage and all your determination and the support of your family and friends to help you through this. It won't be easy. Don't try to do it by yourself. That's why we have family and friends. To give us strength and support through our trials in life.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang in there JLAP ! Someone very close to my wife and I went through this and made it. It takes Prayer and Faith and Friends ! New friends to hang with and different things to do to keep your mind busy. Hang in there, we will pray for you too !
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and The American G. I. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
    Romans 10: 9-13
    Growlist http://www.cpukforum.com/forum/index...04&#entry90304

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup...no denying recovery is a tough road to walk. As hard as it is and as much as you DON'T want to do it, not doing this will bring you more grief in the future than you can imagine. To continue on the path of an addict will spell disaster sooner or later. There's never a happy outcome...

That's great that you are doing this. Time will make it better so hang through this sucky part. I think if you talk to any ex-addict, they'll tell you its the best thing they ever did for THEMSELVES.

Good luck and keep us updated. We are all behind you! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've been a very positive force in these forums and I hope things work out. You've already cleared the most difficult hurdles--admitting to yourself and others that something was wrong and taking real steps to getting better. It takes a lot of courage and maturity to do these things and I wish you all the best. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Secretary, New England Carnivorous Plant Society (NECPS) http://www.necps.org/
    Member, International Carnivorous Plant Society (ICPS)
    Member, North American Sarracenia Conservancy (NASC)
    Member, The Carnivorous Plant Society (CPS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what I could add that others haven't already said. Having had a similar problem and now clean over 5 years I can tell you that getting a sponsor and following his suggestions has helped me immensely. Don't believe the lie the drug is telling you - One more time only leads to one more time and one more time that could be your LAST time. Sorry if I sound too preachy. NA is a good place to be. It takes time and it gets better. Feel free to contact me privately if you wish.

Don't quit before the miracle happens.
    A day without Nepenthes is like a day without sunshine

--steve

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the best, dude!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast