Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any mac users?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am a mac addict..i have Emac for my home use but at school they use windows..urg..

MACS ARE THE BEST>>>>>>>>>

thanks

BRad
    thanks for you imput

Brad

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mac at school, fix other people's windows (and use it for game,) and Linux for any serious business. I haven't had an excess of time working with MAC OS, but as things run, it's not half bad, wouldn't mind a console, though! Don't dig XP in any case, so I'm still using 98 (JUST upgraded to SE.) Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy your new laptop!
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a major mac addict... I'm so addicted to macs, I cant stand anything else.
    If I were you, I would not buy mac book just yet.
    Why? Apple is notoroius for using people as testing rats when they release something new... especially the new processor machines.
    I'd wait some time untill future generations of this technology, and then buy it, after they fix the hardware bugs etc.
    For now... I'm using a MacMini and quite happy with it.
    It is hard to always be a human being... people get in the way.

An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
    - Terry Pratchett

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to be a Mac user a long time ago and then switched to PC and Windows, which I've been using for a good 5 plus years. I can't stand all the problems my PCs have though, so I'm seriously considering making my next computer a Mac.

I'm just too in love with iTunes! iTunes has seriously made music a thousand times more enjoyable for me. I buy all my music in their store and use the program to hold ALL of my songs. Plus I have an iPod.

There's no reason I shouldn't have a Mac [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehehehe Mac person here too! I love Macs; hate PCs. Stuck on a %$#@! PC at work but have a Mac at home. Unfortunately the home Mac is aging and is greatly in need of upgrading but that takes money I don't have. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] Sooo...I'm kinda stuck in Mac Dark Ages for now. So I think it's time I kick Ozzy in the keister for editing my post!

But gradually people are trying Macs and seeing what they have been missing all these years. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

"Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Macs look awesome but unfortunately it ends there. Really great for photo/video editing but that's about it. As for the viruses on PCs, that depends on the person. I haven't gotten not single virus in years.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot more usability research has goon into the mac... much of the windows interface was copied (badly, since they didn't understand it) from what Apple and other people have done.

Though I'm wondering when we'll break out of the "desktop" model completely. A lot of the original interface research for personal computers came out of places like MIT and Xerox PARC, and conceptually they've now grown beyond a lot of all that and the OS makers haven't really followed along. Until someone does that I can't be fanatical about any of them.

I doubt either company will have the guts to do it. Apple won't because it has to stay "better than Windows" rather than "different from Windows" in order to get all those users to switch over and not scare people off... and Microsoft won't do it because innovation is something they're historically incapable of (they just buy and break other people's innovations).

Guess we need a dark horse. Maybe the Amiga will come back. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

And for the people who don't like XP because it looks weird compared to 98/2000... you do know about Classic Mode, don't you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Feb. 13 2006,4:53)]and Microsoft won't do it because innovation is something they're historically incapable of (they just buy and break other people's innovations).
    So true. Microsoft's only concern is that the products they launch will beat everyone elses.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast