What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And what did you get your sweetie for Valentines D

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
You're not going to believe this, but while I went with the traditional dozen roses / card / chocolate, Lynn got me two rolls of duct tape - one white and one pink.
smile_l_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

After my wife went to sleep on Monday night, I got up and put a teddy bear on her alarm clock, a single rose w/baby's breath at her place (breakfast table, that is) and a box o' chocolate on the front seat of her car.

Woke up the next morning....going through the motions of getting ready for work....She didn't say anything. I was confused.

Turns out she's so out of it before her shower, she didn't even SEE the teddy bear or the rose. LOL. Once she woke up (I mean really woke up, not just became amulatory), she was surprised.

Nothing like a delayed reaction!

Put a card on the counter for her to notice when she got up, I leave and hour before she gets up. Then had flowers sent to her work/school so all the other girls could see. Something about those women ! It's almost like a contest with them. If I would have brought them home it wouldn't have had half the effect !

Now now! Its not a contest. lol Its just nice to be able to SEE your flowers and enjoy them all day. It also brightens your office and brightens the day when you are stuck at work. To receive flowers at home is nice too...but if you work outside the home, you don't get to enjoy them as long on the "official day." So there IS method to the madness about flowers being sent to the office. To receive flowers or ANY thoughtful gift or card is good at ANY time...not just prescribed, commercial occasions.
smile.gif

Schloaty...you did gooood! That might net you another baby!
laugh.gif

I received nothing. Nobody loves me. :cry!: Oh wait...I did get a nice text message on my phone.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 15 2006,10:20)]I did get a nice text message on my phone.
biggrin.gif
Was it at least at work so you could run around and show it off to all the other girls?

The women here may not appreciate this, but I certainly do.

I got my wife a lawnmower.

Not kidding.

We lost the last one in the hurricane and she has not been able to mow the yard.

You didn't think I mowed the yard did you? Pleeeaaazzzze, no way.

The trick is I have to put it together.

And yes she was very happy to receive the lawn mower.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Did you get her one of those nice ones with the self drive system? My wife will only play with the mower if it has one of those. LOL OH, and if I start it for her...

ive got you beat Brendhan, my wife got a rifle
smile_n_32.gif
she is quite happy with it. actually i thought about the flower thing but i did that for her birthday a few weeks ago and roses twice in 1 month doesnt do much for her and getting orchids delivered to "Outer Montana" in Febuary is a risky proposition. so i got her a rifle cause she wasnt happy with using mine this last year. given all the stress at work lately she cant wait to get out and try it out on some milk jugs
smile_n_32.gif

Personally, I have never objected to utilitarian gifts. I love tools, gadgets, kitchenware, home linens, rocks, plants, antiques, toys...the world is a playground! lol I'm pretty easy to please. Flowers are just pretty. But I'd welcome a new lawnmower for a gift. I need one. Now...a rifle...I could do with out that...
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Was it at least at work so you could run around and show it off to all the other girls?

No it was not at work and no I did not run around and show all the other WOMEN.
smile_n_32.gif

Technically my girlfriend and I haven't celebrated Valentine's yet (long distance relationship). That's what this weekend is for. I have three really cool stuffed animals for her, some nice candles, the DVD box set of all three Indiana Jones movies (which she has wanted forever), and a picture album (something she has also been wanting). Oh, and a nice card to top it off.

Who knows what I'm getting. Maybe a Cephalotus if I'm lucky!

Man, it's a wonder why my girlfriend loves me
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Man, it's a wonder why my girlfriend loves me
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

With a Valentine's day list like that?? Why wouldn't she?!
smile_n_32.gif
Glad to hear that your long-distance relationship is working out well (I've done it before, too.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You didn't think I mowed the yard did you? Pleeeaaazzzze, no way.

ROFL! Niiiiiice!
laugh.gif

Thanks a lot Est! Long distance can be very challenging sometimes, but it always ends up being very worth the trouble.

AM I the only single guy here?

i sent the g/f beautiful, bone white dendrobium orchids from proflowers.com, and a really cute pair of pj's from pajamagram.com (2 pc with "conservation hearts" on them).

i feel for those of you in the long istance relationships.  i'm and over the road truck driver (for 9 months now!), and am only home for 2 days every 2 weeks.  if i'm lucky, i sleep in my own bed 6-8 nights a month.  my girl is an absolute SAINT for dealing with me, and the fact that i'm not home for weeks at a time.  in fact, i'm writing this from a truckstop 12 miles south of milwaukee, wisconsin.

peace all,
tech...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Feb. 16 2006,3:37)]AM I the only single guy here?
I'm single. Kinda like it that way.

How come we didn't hear about any gifts or surprises for the guys? Shouldn't it be a two-way street? Or is believing that one of the reasons I'm single?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]AM I the only single guy here?

*cough* Let me put it this way....

NO.
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How come we didn't hear about any gifts or surprises for the guys? Shouldn't it be a two-way street?

My mom got me some candy....
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm single. Kinda like it that way.

Felt the same way lately; or rather, I'm not aching over not being in a relationship. Time to hang out with the mates aint half bad!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (endparenthesis @ Feb. 16 2006,7:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dimka @ Feb. 16 2006,3:37)]AM I the only single guy here?
I'm single. Kinda like it that way.

How come we didn't hear about any gifts or surprises for the guys? Shouldn't it be a two-way street? Or is believing that one of the reasons I'm single?
smile.gif
I think that's one of the mysteries of Valentine's Day. All I can figure is that since girls get all the gifts, guys get repayed in other ways...*cough*....if you catch my drift
smile_m_32.gif

LMAO Mitch!!! Just another one of those unexplainable mysteries of life. Personally I'm single and LOVING(no pun intended) it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Felt the same way lately; or rather, I'm not aching over not being in a relationship. Time to hang out with the mates aint half bad!

I agree Est mates over dates any day.
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Zac

You probably didn't hear much about what the ladies did for the men because men outnumber the women on the forum. Not that many women around here to respond to this post.

I did give my "something-or-other" gifts: gluten-free products, "Midlothian diamonds" and a piece of Richmond Virginia vivianite (a mineral). Not the most romantic gift but considering the fact that he forgot Valentine's Day totally and I didn't even get a "Happy Valentine's Day"...I feel my gift went far and above HIS.

I happen to be very romantic and thoughtful and can do a pretty darn good job of showing it if there is anyone around who can appreciate it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 17 2006,9:42)]You probably didn't hear much about what the ladies did for the men because men outnumber the women on the forum.  Not that many women around here to respond to this post.
Perhaps they have formed hibernacula and won't be back for a few weeks.
smile_m_32.gif

Back