What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And what did you get your sweetie for Valentines D

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
I gave flowers to 14 different girls.
smile_m_32.gif

The topic also asked what the men got... hardly anyone mentioned anything so I figured the answer was nothing.

But anyway, us single people probably don't belong in this thread.
smile.gif

I ended up getting three new dressy ties, a giant Hershey's Kiss (Mmmmmm!), a new wallet, a year long membership pass to the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, and a few other...things...
cool.gif

Who ever said guys don't get cool stuff on Valentine's Day?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Feb. 19 2006,6:32)]I gave flowers to 14 different girls.
smile_m_32.gif
Man are you popular!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Did you send one to Heliamphora?

the best valentine present I ever got was 25 years ago. My husband almost forgot valentines day altogether, he left for work before I got up and left on the table a long piece of toilet tissue that had written on it in black marker pen, 'Happy valentines darling I love you lots' it had lots of kisses drawn on it. I still have that piece of toilet roll.

Now after 27 years we don't bother with valentine gifts anymore. It is all too commercial, we are happy to just tell each other we still love each other as much now if not more than when we tied the knot. What else does anyone need?
smile_o_32.gif

Awwwwwwwww...that's so sweet.
smile.gif
And you're right. I think the best Valentine's presents are what you DO for each other, not what you buy.

Well Jim...this hibernacula is starting to wake up.
smile_n_32.gif
You can tell spring is on the way. You can feel it. Its still cold but the days are noticeably longer. YAY!

Phooey on Valentine's Day...give me spring! Wake those flytraps up!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Feb. 22 2006,8:58)]Well Jim...this hibernaculum is starting to wake up.  
smile_n_32.gif
 You can tell spring is on the way.  You can feel it.  Its still cold but the days are noticeably longer.  YAY!

Phooey on Valentine's Day...give me spring!  Wake those flytraps up!
Amen sister! And please bring on the baseball season! Lets Go Mets!

My binatas and filiformis have been awakening and soon it will be time to see if my Sarracenia seeds wil actually germinate.

Back