Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BANG! BANG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we will just have to agree to have a gentlemens disagreement. I just don't think it deserves the media attention it got, I wasn't trying to enter into a "Your veiws are right and mine are wrong discussion" You obviously have an axe to grind but I will not be your vessel. I do not see what we initially were talking about has any bearing on how horrible our government is. We certainly have our problems but I hope you find what you are looking for.
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HUGE cop-out! (Get it? COP out!)
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I got it... Thats a good one Bugweed, I cannot remember that last time I got a good cop joke. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    You don't need an iron chest if you have a sharp brain and a silk tongue.

GROWLIST
    Wolf's Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Feb. 16 2006,12:26)]The liberals wanted to take a shot at the VP, they wanted to get some dirt on this. If you accidentally shoot someone, especially someone who is a good friend of yours don't you think you'd feel sorry or guilty? To me for the press to ask him for a comment is a slap to the face.
    He's the vice president of the United States... he should have made a statement. But then again, he's also a ****** bag.
    There's a tunnel at the end of the light...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Right wing conservatives are hypocrits. Had Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, John Kerrry, Ted Kennedy or Al Gore accidently shot someone while hunting the Republicans would have had a field day with it -- look what they did with Monica! The Democrats have been rather quiet on this latest in an endless march of Republican "mishaps". The point is that this White House stonewalls or out right suppresses information and because they are all old CEO's from private corporations where secrecy is the way, and they hate having to follow the Constitution and the responsibilities of publiclly elected servants who serve at the pleasure of the people -- and talk to the free press. It is the arrogance and indifference -- not just the deeply flawed actions.

Bobby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHOA!!! So Bugweed is not alone. Still, the media is blowing it out of proportion, and I get to poke at the "D bag" with relish. Boy, if I could draw, it would be Political Cartoons. NO ONE would be spared if they are politicians.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure! Vice President Richard Cheney could have called the press immediately. He could have held a press conference, stated that he accidently shot his buddy, held up the offending weapon for all to see and that he did not know how seriously his friend was hurt or what hospital he was taken to. And then the guy's family could have learned about the whole incident and see photos of their bleeding husband/father while watching NBC News at 6:00.
    Maybe he sould have given the empty shell to one of the ABC reporters as a memento.

Would some of you have preferred that approach?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you have wanted Clinton to do had he faced the same situation? Would you have been so immediately understanding and forgiving? Or would you have cried that Cheney-esque excuses from him were only a sign of his flawed character and not his essential humanity.

Bobby

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast