What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BANG! BANG!

in all honesty Bruce i really dont trust anyone in that office to tell the truth, its been along time since anyone in that office has told the truth on anythong resembling a reliable basis..............

Bruce, neither party is worth a darn, so there is no way for effective change while they both survive to rule. People are aware of the fact that the people need help, but we keep being sold out to private interests. Power companies write the rules and fleece us, the gas companies are put on parade as though being taken to task, and nothing changes-----wotta waste! I am still telling you the only way to effect change are new parties not bought by private interests, and free of the general good ole boy network. They are independant, and hope to stay that way. We need to change the top. And get rid of all this dead weight. They live out of our pockets, and then lie to their own to get what they want, not what we need. They got to go, and it is still up to us. I keep hearing the "I don't want to waste my vote" thing, but until folks realize that voting for the same ole dead crap election after election is what is killing us, then change will not happen. We NEED to change this system. Get'em out!

Lets not try to turn this into a Conspiracy Theory folks. I consider myself a moderate and could careless what party this shooting accident happened to. I do not associate myself as a bandwagon rider of Bush or any Democrat.

Almost every argument on here that has something to do with politics has the following statements said:
-You are spoonfed what your party says.
-You are blind.
-Insert party association insult here.

So many of you try to think outside the box yet get stuck. The biggest thing going on right now on this place called Earth are those Muhammed cartoons. Yet we, free people of the U.S., are not allowed to even see a reprint of the cartoons along with the story of what has become of them. Our free press has censored this topic from our view and it sickens me that none of you care.

To those that think the media is gov't controlled or somehow is aligned with the republicans:

Get a clue! Have you not seen what is put in the media? Who leaked the info about Bush doing illegal tappings on international communications? Who has been spewing and spewing about the abuse that happened in Abu Ghraib? Yeah I'm sure the Gov't OK'ed those stories. This is the same media who wanted to do a live broadcast with the cleanup crew @ New Orleans after the tragic hurricane with dead bodies floating all around. They do not have values and care only about earning the buck. They are not doing anything for our interest.

Which brings me back to the hunting accident story. It deserved a one day story in the paper. It is nothing significant. Instead they want to dig at this story and milk it until it's dry. Now there's rumors saying he was drinking; sure wouldn't we all like to find that true. You just need to realize your motives for what you believe. Nothing against any of you, I respect what you have to say but lets make some unbias logic here. Whether your hatred is rooted in Bush, Republicans, or people who run this country I don't know. It is clear as day however that this story is not signficant in any way. It is not like the VP is going to go on a hunting spree and shoot us all with bird pellets.

where have I heard this before? Oh yeah-----never mind. change the system.

Outsider, any moron with an internet connection can see those stupid cartoons. And dang right they should have shown the bodies in NO. It might have brought some people out of their complacency.

The Mohammed cartoon fiasco certainly illustrates how easily religion is manipulated for political purposes.  "They attacked your religion" resonates as strongly as "they attacked your country."  Maybe even more so in post-colonial nations arbitrarily drawn on maps and long dominated by outside powers.

People are too easily roused into stupid, violent acts whenever someone says they've been attacked.  Right now Muslim rabble rousers probably accuse anyone who doubts Denmark's threat to Islam of treason or of hating Islam.  Yogi Berra might say it's deja vu all over again.

A free and active exchange of ideas forces people to encounter offensive things, whether it's a Mohammed with a bomb in his turban or Mapplethorpe's Piss Christ.  The former is something Muslims d*mn well better confront and the latter was potty talk art that an adult should just shrug off on the way to the next exhibit.

But are Muslim riots over Danish cartoons the most important thing in the world?  I don't think so.  Many more people die every day from treatable diseases or because they don't have clean water or because of poor nutrition or because of unsustainable development in risky places or a combination of all of the above.  While those of us who waste the resources that could save or improve so many lives debate cartoons and a hunting accident.  As long as we argue over little offenses, we never need to confront the big ones.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Feb. 19 2006,9:24)]Outsider, any moron with an internet connection can see those stupid cartoons. And dang right they should have shown the bodies in NO. It might have brought some people out of their complacency.
Any moron with an internet connection could have seen that the VP shot someone in a hunting accident.

Obviously you didn't make the connection between the Abu Ghraib abuse and the cartoons. They both add fuel to the fire over there in the Middle East. The papers here in the U.S. don't want to add fuel to the fire by reprinting the cartoons. Can you say hypocritical? That and they are afraid that if they use their free speech to report on what's going on over there that they might be targeted.

Before you make a BUTT out of YOURSELF, I didn't say what happened at Abu Ghraib should have been kept secret. Infact I'm glad it's out in the open because now stuff will be done so it doesn't continue to happen. It is repulsive what those soliders did to those prisoners and I hope each one of them are caught and served with the maximum penalty.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 19 2006,8:18)]where have I heard this before? Oh yeah-----never mind. change the system.
What would you change?

Yes, Outsider, that's what I said. The VP shot somebody in a hunting accident. Way too much was made of it.

I also said that if the media wasn't in the pockets of the administration, much more would be being made of the real scandals that the administration is embroiled in.

As far as Abu Ghraib goes....

Wait 'til the videos come out.

Back