Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: BANG! BANG!

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Feb. 18 2006,10:56)]The whole thing is kind of silly, though. It doens't really affect anyone's life except the shot guy. It's just a perfect metaphor for this administration: dishonest, secretive, incompetent, and dangerous.
    A+, what a summary.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]From 30 yards away, shotgun pellets wouldn't have penetrated through the guy's chest wall and lodge next to his heart
    not terribly familiar with shotgun ballistics are yah? yes they can, granted they proabably cant push through a rib bone since they were using bird loads but they will easily pass through the space between the ribs, especially on a guy that age. at 30 yards a shot from a bird load will punch though a 2 pound pheasant which is alot denser than a layer or two of cloths, through the meat between the ribs and there is very lil density to the lungs to stop a pellet. it doesnt sound fissy to me

as for the rest of it, the booze and such i dont know so i cant comment. though i make it a point to save the drinking for the evenings on my hunting trips [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hunting accidents happen, and this whole thing is much ado about something that is apparently commonplace. 'Cuz any idiot can get a gun and a hunting license, apparently. Except ****. **** doesn't need to be properly licensed. I think **** should have at least gotten cited for hunting w/o a license.

I wish the press would pay more attention to the high crimes and misdemeanors that this administration commits frequently and on purpose.

But since the MSM is owned lock, stock and barrel by Fortune 100 corporations that contribute heavily to the Republican party, this isn't going to happen. The idea of the "liberal media" is a myth.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RIGHT ON, KIDZ!!!! Shout it from the rooftops. Since the party is all they are defending, of course the people are forgotten by those trying to defend this administration. Screw the Government. We own them, are supposed to be telling them what to do, not vice versa. Some of you guys can stick your heads in the sand if you want, and buy into the fear mongering, but not this kid. If they bring it to me, they get what they give, and then some. But if a war breaks out here, I am ready to fight for my Country, not my Government. This Government forgets who is in charge, and it isn't them. Too bad the republican machine is so well oiled. they have certainly bought 2 elections, and aren't finished screwing us yet. Break out the K Y Gel! People are so ----WHAT!----Unattached to what is going on, and only listen to the surface drivel. And worse, they are told by their "party" what to believe, and what not to believe. And they do!???!!! Stupid! Democrat or republican! Search the facts yourselves, go where you are told not to, and really see what is going on. Mike Savage did. And boy! Is he TICKED!!!!! And it was a relief to hear a right winger (as they are called--I prefer human being) tell his listeners what he learned, and how angry he was. His eyes are open. Why can't the rest see?? 'Cause they are told to be blind, and so they are. Keep paying attention Caps, April, Seedy One, and the rest of you. If you ain't payin' attention, its gonna cost you! Might already be too late.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quail are hunted with smaller shot than pheasant and a bird gun would spread that shot out quite a lot at 30 yd. The illustration I saw of the victim's injury showed an awfully tight shot pattern. I don't know how deeply bird shot would penetrate at 30 yd, but my hunter safety teacher taught us it (not the larger shot used for pheasants) wouldn't penetrate the skin at 100 yd. But we'll never know what really happened because the participants have circled the wagons pretty tightly. All the ducking and covering sure makes me think it was something more than a routine accident at 30 yds.

I almost shot a horse when squirrel hunting at 16 because I was so intent on a squirrel on a low branch that I didn't see the horse beyond. Luckily my friend said stop and pushed the gun down. I was pissed at him and I told him the horse was out of the line of fire or the trajectory would have gone over it even if I missed or some such crap. But that defensiveness passed and I admitted I never saw it by the time we were home. Admitting the truth isn't something Cheney can do, even when he gives himself an extra 24 hours. His testicles aren't just little, they're raisins.

If it was just an unfortunate accident, Cheney's behavior afterwards is the real problem. For those who hadn't figured it out before, this should make people question anything he or the rest of the administration propaganda machine has ever said.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i used to have a big problem with hunting but i really have no problems with it anymore, because i guess i got over my hippie/animal lover stage.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bruce, depends on what kind of a choke the shot gun had.

April, hunting without a licence is generally considerd poaching and that is what i firmly believe what Cheney did though im not terribly familiar with TX game laws. he may not have been doing it intentionally but ignorance is no excuse. it would have taken Cheney or one of his aids less than 5 minutes online to know what licences and stamps he would have needed it TX Fish and Game is anything like MT's i say nail his **** for poaching cause someone in his possition is DEFINATLY in a position to know better.

however i still say the shooting incident was caused by a moment of stupidity and really isnt news worthy. if alcohol was invalved its probably up to the individual who was shot to decide to bring up charges given the circumstances as no BAC test was done(or could be done if i understand the timeline of events) but if this individual is as good of a friend as the media has led me to believe i doubt anything will come of it as i doubt i would take a friend to court if it was me.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quail hunters use guns with pretty open chokes or else a good shot leaves little but a cloud of feathers. Maybe things are different on the aouthern quail plantations where people aren't following dogs and maybe take more distant shots. The actual event is insignificant in the general scheme of things, other than that it once again demonstrates the administration's failure to tell the truth and the failure of so many people to care. Both are a disgrace.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast