What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BANG! BANG!

Well, is this a prescedent set here? Can we all now go and shoot somebody, suppress it for a while before we are found out, and then have to be told to, at least, apologize, and pretend you care?
Golly gee! Where do I sign?

Well it shows how big a man he is by shooting a caged animal.

If you shot someone you wouldn't run to the press first thing would you? I mean there would be more important things like the person you accidentally shot's condition and making sure he gets to the hospital. Not only that but the person who gets shot deserves some respect and should not be shown across TV media before his family or loved ones know.

The apology thing...

The liberals wanted to take a shot at the VP, they wanted to get some dirt on this. If you accidentally shoot someone, especially someone who is a good friend of yours don't you think you'd feel sorry or guilty? To me for the press to ask him for a comment is a slap to the face.

In all honesty though there are bigger issues out there. How about we get some coverage on those Cartoons that are creating mass riots and suicide bombings in the Middle East. Oh yeah our press is too cowardly to cover such a story as that, lets print some more abused prisoner pictures though!

No need to bite on these statements Outsiders. Most people understand that we are in a war and thus there are much more important stories then this. The media and certain civilians just want their pound of flesh.

LOL! Typical. The usual B.S. 4 DAYS BOYZ! 4 DAYZ! If I had shot someone, accident or otherwise, the cops would be up my fine behine, and it would be News at Eleven. Probably a few hours. Blinders. Right in front of them, and they wear blinders. They would have called paramedics, and the Police would most certainly respond, and the press being the press (scanners and all that), where could they hide? They were not the only ones aware of the fact this man was shot. Did they stupidly and foolishly transport him themselves? Why? So they could try to hide it. Sure, pull in our faces the war thing. Well Bush started it in the wrong place, and that is killing us too. So nuff of the war spin and ploy. They tried to hide it. If Karl Rove hadn't told Cheney he had to face the issue, like a man, he wouldn't have. Anyone else, with any feelings at all, would be right there with the guy he shot accidently, fielding every reporters question honsetly, and face whatever charges that would be leveled. Excuses for management, Wolf? I am suprised at you. Knowing that those over you know less about your job than you do. And are busy hob nobbing and making speeches. ICK! And telling YOU how to do your job. Hmm. Go figger.
So this means he is above the law, does not have to answer for his stupidity, and people like his defenders suddenly turn deaf, and go blind. No wonder this country is in the pits.

I don't belive it would even make the news if you shot and wounded someone. Maybe if they died it would make the news but not if the person was just wounded. How many poeople heard about Trooper Steven R. Smith from Oklahoma Highway Patrol? He was killed in the line of duty Feb 9th due to a gunshot. The deaths of LEO do not even make the news past the local level. I am not saying that what the Vice President did was not a stupid mistake worthy of comics making fun of him. All I am saying is that I don't think it is nearly as big a story as some people believe.

I understand you point that they tried to hide it, but I do not see why even that is a big deal. If he lied about it when asked that would be a problem but just not saying anything is not a crime. No crime was committed so thus the police have no say in it. He obviously was embarrassed and sad for his friend. Would your first course of action be running to the media? He has no responsibility to even say anything to the press. It had nothing to do with his elected responsibilities and thus is under no requirment to disclose.

He did something stupid and thus will pay the price. But unless I am unaware of something he didnt break the law, so I dont see how you think he is above the law. I will be the first to make fun of him for doing something that even beginning hunters learn not to do, but the level of media this as scene is crazy in my eyes.

Not necessary to run to the media when they are busy running to whatever story. He tried to hide it. It caught up with him, and he was FORCED to face it. Gutless wonder. Spin what you will, he did wrong, and hid it, and that is this administration. They hide everything, and have sold us out, BIGTIME!!!! Too bad loyalties are to parties instead of love of your country, and its magnificent Constitution, and its Bill of Rights. We own this Government. We are the People, and our say is supposed to be their say. We are ignored, an afterthought, perpetuated by views like I have just recently read from Wolf and O71. WE OWN THIS COUNTRY, NOT THIS STUPID GOVERNMENT. We tell them to get ethics, or get the hell out of office. Can your perks, screw the wishes of the big corporations, go away lobbyists (Bye-bye, Tom DeLay--OOOOPS!!! Another crooked politician!!! wunder wat partee????), produce for the good of this country and the people in it, and get our manufacturing back, and jobs for this huge population. Gotta play chess with the world, and everyone in it, or we ain't happy! What crap!

Well we will just have to agree to have a gentlemens disagreement. I just don't think it deserves the media attention it got, I wasn't trying to enter into a "Your veiws are right and mine are wrong discussion" You obviously have an axe to grind but I will not be your vessel. I do not see what we initially were talking about has any bearing on how horrible our government is. We certainly have our problems but I hope you find what you are looking for.

HUGE cop-out! (Get it? COP out!)

I think I got it... Thats a good one Bugweed, I cannot remember that last time I got a good cop joke.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Feb. 16 2006,12:26)]The liberals wanted to take a shot at the VP, they wanted to get some dirt on this.  If you accidentally shoot someone, especially someone who is a good friend of yours don't you think you'd feel sorry or guilty?  To me for the press to ask him for a comment is a slap to the face.  
He's the vice president of the United States... he should have made a statement. But then again, he's also a ****** bag.

Hi,

Right wing conservatives are hypocrits. Had Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, John Kerrry, Ted Kennedy or Al Gore accidently shot someone while hunting the Republicans would have had a field day with it -- look what they did with Monica! The Democrats have been rather quiet on this latest in an endless march of Republican "mishaps". The point is that this White House stonewalls or out right suppresses information and because they are all old CEO's from private corporations where secrecy is the way, and they hate having to follow the Constitution and the responsibilities of publiclly elected servants who serve at the pleasure of the people -- and talk to the free press. It is the arrogance and indifference -- not just the deeply flawed actions.

Bobby

WHOA!!! So Bugweed is not alone. Still, the media is blowing it out of proportion, and I get to poke at the "D bag" with relish. Boy, if I could draw, it would be Political Cartoons. NO ONE would be spared if they are politicians.

Sure!   Vice President Richard Cheney could have called the press immediately.  He could have held a press conference, stated that he accidently shot his buddy, held up the offending weapon for all to see and that he did not know how seriously his friend was hurt or what hospital he was taken to.  And then the guy's family could have learned about the whole incident and see photos of their bleeding husband/father while watching NBC News at 6:00.
Maybe he sould have given the empty shell to one of the ABC reporters as a memento.

Would some of you have preferred that approach?

What would you have wanted Clinton to do had he faced the same situation? Would you have been so immediately understanding and forgiving? Or would you have cried that Cheney-esque excuses from him were only a sign of his flawed character and not his essential humanity.

Bobby

I was accedently shot with a 12 gauge shot gun illegally loaded as a cop killer and was in worse off condition than this guy (still have a pellet between my heart and lungs)was also shot in my right temple about 1/2 inch from my eye and my right calf. This guy drove me to the hospital (not my family or ambulance) All I got was 1 day in the newspaper about the situation and 1 day for them to withdrawl that they had said my dad is the one that shot me... (he was not lol) No fair. I want to be all over the news too.
confused.gif

christ ppl, i have had a close family member experiance something similar to this. while bird hunting an uncle of mine got peppered by a stupid kid who wasnt paying attention. i dont even think it made the local paper. it cost my uncle a few hours in the hospital. while my uncle was hurt, though not to bad i think the kid literaly feared for his life till my uncle got out of the hospital as my cousin wasnt taking the incident real well. all in all stuff happens, it happened cause it was a moment of stupidity thats all. i think the cops investigated it for all of 20 minutes and declared it an accident and walked away.

what i do take issue with is something i didnt see brought up here, is the vice pres did not have the stamp to be bird hunting, in Montana and im sure in Texas too, that makes him guilty of poaching. i know i would be hauled off and make the papers if i were to do that. ignorence is no excuse.

Great point rattler mt ! Ignorance is no excuse. Fine him and give him 30 days for being a poacher. NO wait community service and several TV adds on the finer points of getting hunting permits.

I have found it all rather amusing. We have a Vice-Prez who shot somebody. lol Of course it isn't funny that the man was shot. I feel terrible for him and his family. I'm sure its been scary and miserable. But some of the jokes have been hilarious! Like Jay Leno showing a scene of the start of old TV show The Rifleman and **** Cheney's head was on the Rifleman.
laugh.gif

I do think it should have been simply mentioned as soon as was prudent with regard to the man's rescue and treatment. And Cheney should have simply made a statement. Other than that, its much ado about nothing. I do wonder however if in other hunting accidents, if the shooter gets charged with something. If so, Cheney should be charged as well and not given a pass because he's Vice-Prez.

Back