What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BANG! BANG!

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/ihea/hea1996.html, here are some stats from 1997 on hunting accidents. Take a peek.

By the way, Clinton did get caught shooting a gun in the White House!
smile_m_32.gif

Doesn't hurt as much as saying 'airsoft gun?'! Now here's what concerns me. We let the VP go hunting where in reality, HE could have been the one shot and possibly killed. Worse yet, what if the prez was in on this. The thought of the '**** shoots into Bush' jokes is unbearable.
smile_n_32.gif

It's the first time the administration has done anything to hurt a millionaire and maybe it's the beginning of a trend.

ive got a bumber sticker for yah Bruce

"Ted Kennedy's Car Has Still Killed More People Than Cheneys Gun"

smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Feb. 16 2006,1:26)]If Karl Rove hadn't told Cheney he had to face the issue, like a man, he wouldn't have. Anyone else, with any feelings at all, would be right there with the guy he shot accidently, fielding every reporters question honsetly, and face whatever charges that would be leveled. Excuses for management, Wolf? I am suprised at you. Knowing that those over you know less about your job than you do. And are busy hob nobbing and making speeches. ICK! And telling YOU how to do your job. Hmm. Go figger.
So this means he is above the law, does not have to answer for his stupidity, and people like his defenders suddenly turn deaf, and go blind. No wonder this country is in the pits.
Funny thing is, the VP was with the guy he shot accidentally at the hospital. Once again you have to get your priorities straight. If I shot someone accidentally, the first thing I would be worried about would be that person, not Fox news or CNN. You also seem to be a little misinformed, the shooting was reported in a local news media paper in TX the next day by the person who owned the ranch. I'm sure this pissed off the major news sources because they didn't get the big scoop on the VP first.

Bottomline is:
-Cheney is not above the law.
-The American news media is spineless garbage.
-There are more important things to be covering, that are news media will not report. That's right the press is throwing away their freedom of the press because they are scared of someone strapping a bomb on their chest and going into their building. However they aren't scared to piss off the radicals out their in Iraq with the prisoner abuse pictures.
-Moses, Jesus, and God can be made fun of, but the prophet Muhammad cannot.

I'd bet my bottom dollar **** had had more than a few. Hence the 14 hour wait before the incident was reported to the police.  And Outsider, as you may recall, for the first few hours after the news of the shooting broke, the admin tried to spin that it was the victim's fault. Believe me, no press conference would have been given if it wasn't politically expedient for this administration to do so.

Yes, our press is spineless.  Spineless in going after this administration on the stuff that really matters...the endless scandals, the corruption, the cronyism, the spying, the memos that prove the war was a done deal the second shrub and his neo-con buddies got into office, and Tony Blair's complicity in same, the secret prison camps, the giant windfall the Medicare(written by and for drug and insurance companies) bill gave to drug and insurance companies, the giant windfall the energy bill (written by and for the energy industry)gave to the energy industry, the $8.5+ Billion that has gone missing in Iraq, the massive failure in the response to the hurricanes, and I could go on and on and on.

But all you got to do in this country to make the press shut up is say "9/11", and their little testicles drop right off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Outsiders71 @ Feb. 16 2006,10:25)]Bottomline is:
-Cheney is not above the law.
-The American news media is spineless garbage.
-There are more important things to be covering, that are news media will not report.  That's right the press is throwing away their freedom of the press because they are scared of someone strapping a bomb on their chest and going into their building.  However they aren't scared to piss off the radicals out their in Iraq with the prisoner abuse pictures.
I feel the need to point out that a big reason why we see so little serious news today is because the press is controlled by corporate and governmental interests. It's not because they're scared of being bombed. Who would have bombed a news station for doing a serious piece on the budget scandals in Iraq? I'll tell you what, it wouldn't have been some "terrorist." Suicide bombing, for that matter? Isn't that a little extreme for hyperbole? The only people shutting down the American press is rich, spoiled Americans with the money and political power to do it in underhanded, psuedolegal ways. And when was the last time we heard anything real about what's going on with those abuse allegations?
So, to this I would generally argue: Cheney and the rest of the people in power are above the law - the same way that Bush Jr.'s police records have been magically hidden away in his daddy's private library; the American press is spineless garbage because they have crooked politicians with lots of cash breathing down their necks; and the news that they should be covering (if they had much of a choice) is the myriad ways that the American government has gone crooked since before the Reagan administration.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]-Moses, Jesus, and God can be made fun of, but the prophet Muhammad cannot.
Where does this even come from? This has nothing to do with the American press or Cheney. But perhaps it should be pointed out that the western powers aren't trying to pave over any Christian or Jewish nations at the moment. And let's not forget what's been justified in the name of the Bible.
And why would the press be guilty of "pissing off radicals?" Again, off topic. But unless I'm mistaken, it was the US military that abused those prisoners - not the press. And it just so happens that it was US military personnel taking those pictures - imagine that! If anything, I'd think that most disenfranchised Iraqis would be relieved to see that some Americans can have at least a shred of honesty about their misdeeds - even if it isn't the Americans commiting them.
~Joe

This administration's reflexive lying is still going on, too. From 30 yards away, shotgun pellets wouldn't have penetrated through the guy's chest wall and lodge next to his heart. He was much closer than previously stated. The facts are still not all in, including regarding the alcohol consumed by Cheney prior to the event (for which there are conflicting accounts.)

The whole thing is kind of silly, though. It doens't really affect anyone's life except the shot guy. It's just a perfect metaphor for this administration: dishonest, secretive, incompetent, and dangerous.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Feb. 18 2006,10:56)]The whole thing is kind of silly, though. It doens't really affect anyone's life except the shot guy. It's just a perfect metaphor for this administration: dishonest, secretive, incompetent, and dangerous.
A+, what a summary.
~Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]From 30 yards away, shotgun pellets wouldn't have penetrated through the guy's chest wall and lodge next to his heart

not terribly familiar with shotgun ballistics are yah? yes they can, granted they proabably cant push through a rib bone since they were using bird loads but they will easily pass through the space between the ribs, especially on a guy that age. at 30 yards a shot from a bird load will punch though a 2 pound pheasant which is alot denser than a layer or two of cloths, through the meat between the ribs and there is very lil density to the lungs to stop a pellet. it doesnt sound fissy to me

as for the rest of it, the booze and such i dont know so i cant comment. though i make it a point to save the drinking for the evenings on my hunting trips
smile_m_32.gif

Hunting accidents happen, and this whole thing is much ado about something that is apparently commonplace. 'Cuz any idiot can get a gun and a hunting license, apparently. Except ****. **** doesn't need to be properly licensed. I think **** should have at least gotten cited for hunting w/o a license.

I wish the press would pay more attention to the high crimes and misdemeanors that this administration commits frequently and on purpose.

But since the MSM is owned lock, stock and barrel by Fortune 100 corporations that contribute heavily to the Republican party, this isn't going to happen.  The idea of the "liberal media" is a myth.

RIGHT ON, KIDZ!!!! Shout it from the rooftops. Since the party is all they are defending, of course the people are forgotten by those trying to defend this administration. Screw the Government. We own them, are supposed to be telling them what to do, not vice versa. Some of you guys can stick your heads in the sand if you want, and buy into the fear mongering, but not this kid. If they bring it to me, they get what they give, and then some. But if a war breaks out here, I am ready to fight for my Country, not my Government. This Government forgets who is in charge, and it isn't them. Too bad the republican machine is so well oiled. they have certainly bought 2 elections, and aren't finished screwing us yet. Break out the K Y Gel! People are so ----WHAT!----Unattached to what is going on, and only listen to the surface drivel. And worse, they are told by their "party" what to believe, and what not to believe. And they do!???!!! Stupid! Democrat or republican! Search the facts yourselves, go where you are told not to, and really see what is going on. Mike Savage did. And boy! Is he TICKED!!!!! And it was a relief to hear a right winger (as they are called--I prefer human being) tell his listeners what he learned, and how angry he was. His eyes are open. Why can't the rest see?? 'Cause they are told to be blind, and so they are. Keep paying attention Caps, April, Seedy One, and the rest of you. If you ain't payin' attention, its gonna cost you! Might already be too late.

Quail are hunted with smaller shot than pheasant and a bird gun would spread that shot out quite a lot at 30 yd.  The illustration I saw of the victim's injury showed an awfully tight shot pattern.  I don't know how deeply bird shot would penetrate at 30 yd, but my hunter safety teacher taught us it (not the larger shot used for pheasants) wouldn't penetrate the skin at 100 yd.  But we'll never know what really happened because the participants have circled the wagons pretty tightly.  All the ducking and covering sure makes me think it was something more than a routine accident at 30 yds.

I almost shot a horse when squirrel hunting at 16 because I was so intent on a squirrel on a low branch that I didn't see the horse beyond.  Luckily my friend said stop and pushed the gun down.  I was pissed at him and I told him the horse was out of the line of fire or the trajectory would have gone over it even if I missed or some such crap.  But that defensiveness passed and I admitted I never saw it by the time we were home.  Admitting the truth isn't something Cheney can do, even when he gives himself an extra 24 hours.  His testicles aren't just little, they're raisins.

If it was just an unfortunate accident, Cheney's behavior afterwards is the real problem.  For those who hadn't figured it out before, this should make people question anything he or the rest of the administration propaganda machine has ever said.

i used to have a big problem with hunting but i really have no problems with it anymore, because i guess i got over my hippie/animal lover stage.

Bruce, depends on what kind of a choke the shot gun had.

April, hunting without a licence is generally considerd poaching and that is what i firmly believe what Cheney did though im not terribly familiar with TX game laws. he may not have been doing it intentionally but ignorance is no excuse. it would have taken Cheney or one of his aids less than 5 minutes online to know what licences and stamps he would have needed it TX Fish and Game is anything like MT's i say nail his arse for poaching cause someone in his possition is DEFINATLY in a position to know better.

however i still say the shooting incident was caused by a moment of stupidity and really isnt news worthy. if alcohol was invalved its probably up to the individual who was shot to decide to bring up charges given the circumstances as no BAC test was done(or could be done if i understand the timeline of events) but if this individual is as good of a friend as the media has led me to believe i doubt anything will come of it as i doubt i would take a friend to court if it was me.

Quail hunters use guns with pretty open chokes or else a good shot leaves little but a cloud of feathers.  Maybe things are different on the aouthern quail plantations where people aren't following dogs and maybe take more distant shots.  The actual event is insignificant in the general scheme of things, other than that it once again demonstrates the administration's failure to tell the truth and the failure of so many people to care.  Both are a disgrace.

Back