What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS 2006 Conference

Jeremiah plans on going and I might be there as well at first I didn't know if I'd have room this summer for it but after looking on the website at it I'm going to try to make room for it, sounds like alot of fun and a great opportunity for me to get to talk cps with some fellow growers, who else is planning on going, I hope to see a few TF members there

I may go.

Hi every one ....where is the conference at
confused.gif
???
smile_k_ani_32.gif

AHHH i want to go to one of these SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly why cant we have one in Kentucky or Southern Indiana!?!?!?!?!?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif
smile_h_32.gif

Kirkscoastalcarnivores: your 14 just like me! how are you going to get the money to go? are your parents that nice *mean look at parents*. I NEED A "PERMISSION SLIP" FOR EVERYTHING!!!

I'd like to go...just dunno about time and/or financial resources.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 22 2006,4:56)]I'd like to go...just dunno about time and/or financial resources.
Like the young man said, lol.
I went to SF in 2000, and it's an awesone time. Not to mention the vendors, (though I doubt Malesiana would be there w/o Ch'ien coordinating their Nepenthes anymore-they seem to be focusing more on palms, ginger,ect) . Borneo Exotics ususally has a booth.
 And the names-did I mention Dr. Charles Clarke was kind enough to sign my "Neps of Borneo" book? I also met Andreas Wistuba, Ch'ien Lee, Robert Cantley, Peter D'Amato, Pinguiculaman(at Cal Carnivores, though I think he was Droseraman at the time), Dr. Jan Schlauer and this annoying Barry Rice-Meyers fellow....

smilie4.gif

Actually Barry is great, and the "Cp and sex" talk by Barry at the banquet.
 Sucks being poor, sometimes. Maybe I can save for when a conference goes to Australia...

Cheers,

Joe

lol I'm still not sure if I can go yet gilder, if I do go I will most likely be going with Jeremiah (A very nice local grower)

Wow, I live pretty close, and it sounds interesting. What do they mean by "student" in the registration prices? All students in general, or only students of the university where it's held?

Although, I think I'd feel like a fish out of water there. It seems like it's more for experienced growers, and this sentence is intimidating.

"They provide a great opportunity for participants to publicize their research and meet other scientists in the field."

I think it would be really cool to see what the vendors are selling though.

Hmmmm. I'd really like to go, but 6/4 is my daughter's birthday. I can't miss that. So if I go, it would have to be thursday - Saturday, or just Friday - Saturday.

Have to talk to my wife to see if it's feasable.

I want to go but I won't risk being deported again for silly reasons.

Back