Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: im getting a new computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had windows xp since it was released and have never had a problem with it (viruses or M$ exploits). As long as you have a virus scanner and know what you are doing, you won't have issues.

MAC can't even come close to PC when it comes to gaming. They are just not there yet. MAC's are way way more priced than PCs. Anyone who buys from Dell, HP, or Gateway should seriously look into building their own machine. You can buy your own hardware individually for a way cheaper price. MAC's you have to go the Apple store.

BTW don't be so confident on MAC's security. The only reason it isn't plagued with viruses/worms/exploits is because more people use M$. Now that MAC is gaining popularity, it is now becoming the target of malicious code. Check BBC, there have been 2 stories already recently about it. One had to do with iChat and the other had to do with the way OSX handles downloads. The MAC is not a Dunbar armored truck.

When choosing between a MAC and PC, it comes down to cost and what you are going to use it for. If your into games, the MAC is not for you. Everything else will be fine. All preference. One last thing, MAC can run linux now I believe with the new intel chips.
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ditched Windows almost 6 years ago and will never go back. Too many hassles. Worms, viruses,trojans,spyware,malware,etc. Windows is so full of security holes it's like trying to save liquid in a sieve.

Recently a few trojans have come out for the Mac OS however we Mac users are not the least bit worried about it. They are basically very lame, weak attempts at causing trouble.

I say go Mac but it's your call in the end.

Tom
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Went to the apple store

I bought a mac within five minutes, THEY ARE THAT AMAZING!!!!!

Its not that expensive, they have finacing for it, i have to pay a mininum of 17 bucks a month ( clearly i can easilly go faster and pay more )

Safari(internet explorer for macs)is REALLY FAST and i just love this dashboard, it has the weather, carlorie counters, stocks, news,translator, unit converter, flight tracker, and i can download many more!

Im never going back to Windoze
    Mens Et Manus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12