Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Human Tricks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More Fun with Fire Ants!!!

One summer when I was about nine I stuck my arm into a hollow log....

I don't need to explain the rest..

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was getting ready to leave school when I was five or six and I had just finished putting my chair up on the desks so that the janitorial staff could clean the floors. I had a denim jacket at the time with big buttons on the cuffs. Well, the button on my cuff snagged the leg assembly of one of the chairs and brought the whole stack down on my head. These were those heavy school chairs where the back and seat are made out of some sort of thick lineoleum or vynil that is bulky and hard as rock, so even though it was made with rounded edges, when one hit my head it cut straight in. In the time it took me to realize I had hit my head and look down, there was a shoulder-wide puddle of blood at my feet. Gave the teachers a scare that day!
    I've dislocated my knee cap several times before (in both knees, as a matter of fact,) but the most dramatic by far was when I was playing a game of pickup football on muddy grass. I hadn't played any field sports regularly in years, so I wasn't accustomed to playing on a slippery, wet field. Anyways, I was hauling down the field trying to get open to for a pass when somebody called my name. I turned to look but continued to run. Just a step later I hit a patch of mud; as my right foot came down, it sank about six inches and slid forward, locking my knee straight. When my body caught up with my foot, I launched right over my leg and twisted the knee cap off. My friends say I did a flying somersault and cleared about three or four feet before hitting the ground and screaming bloody murder.
    Happy times!
    ~Joe

PS - I remember another time I busted the same knee; I was filming a project for my video production class in high school, and we were doing a chase scene on foot. I was supposed to be the guy chasing the other guy and my friend (the chasee) decided to make an abrupt right-angle turn on wet grass. You can figure out the rest, but the memorable part of that story is that there's a video tape floating around somewhere of me on the ground clutching my leg and screaming, "Oh God my knee is busted, guys I'm not kidding," plus a few other choice words.
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like we're having a party here! Anywho, not long ago, I had seen my friends ride their bikes, and then quickly put on the brakes so they made this long, dark streak in the middle of the road/driveway/sidewalk. So, when I was riding my bike one day, coming back from a little ride, I was in my driveway and quickly braked. But, it seems I did it a bit too late, and crashed into the garage door. I was ok, and so was my bike, but there was a large dent in the garage door. So, I went inside the garage, and tried to push out the dent, though it didn't really work and my parents asked me why there was a dent in the garage. So, I replied, very embarrassed, "I wanted to make a streak in the driveway." And, I think I did. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] But now, I think we got new replaced garage doors.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my freind going full speed down a hill tryed to have the same stop effect and hit the front brake instead of the back break. he did a flip and a half, broke his elbow, and grinded off parts of the bike. It was pretty cool, but i'm just glad he didn't land on his head.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Gawd_oOo @ Feb. 25 2006,9:56)]
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Here's an experiment that you really don't want to try: I took a raw egg and tried microwaving it. After about 10 seconds, it made a squeaky sound and then promptly exploded all over the microwave.

Also, if you happen to find a piece of wire that is bare on both ends - don't insert those ends into an outlet! Ever see Back To The Future? It had kinda the same effect as Doc Brown trying to connect the Bell Tower to the overhead wires - lotsa sparks.
    Nah, both of those are fun, if you do it right.

1. The egg in the microwave, I did as a cool party trick, at someone elses house. Was a neat experiment when yer not the one cleaning it up.

2. I never tried a single piece of wire, but I cut the cord off an old lampstripped 3 inches of wire on both sides. Took it to school, waited for the teacher to leave the room, plugged it in, touched both ends together being careful to hold onto the plastic part still, tons of sparks, melted all the wire I stripped plus 2 inches of the still insulated plastic, blew the circut breaker for the entire school, the power was out at school for almost an hour. And the greatest part is I never got in trouble.
    Dave.... I thought I was unique. You're scaring me! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I added one to my looong list 2 weeks ago, I was tearing a wall down with this huge hammer (3-foot handle, big ol claw on the end) and was on this little stepladder trying to get the last big chunk of drywall off of the middle of the wall... the thing was about to give and in my excitement I started reefing on the thing good and hard, when suddenly the claw ripped through, allowing me to smack myself in the forehead with the butt of the hammer as hard as I humanly could have... it made an odd crunching sound, a sound I'd never heard coming out of my skull, so I knew I was in for something unique..
    I held me forearm up to my head and it was already soaked with blood and plaster dust, so I went to a mirror to get a good look at it...
    I had busted my forehead wide open, and could see my skull and the fat layers on either side (once the blood slowed down after about 10 minutes)
    I grabbed the camera and snapped a couple pics for posterity, then carefully put my hat on and rode my bicycle to the hospital to get it stitched up, only took 2 since it was a nice clean split..
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I should share my story...

I was down in American Samoa, visiting realatives. All the cousins (second and third cousins, or cousins removed, or some vague relations, anyway) decided to go down to the really cool swimming hole by the ocean. The hole was located in an old lava flow - the ah-ah kind (hard, sharp & crunchy, like coral...NOT the smooth stuff). So, stupid us decide it would be cool to sit on a little hump and watch the ocean. It was cool - until an unusually large wave came along and REACHED us....It proceeded to crash us into this very sharp lava, then roll us around on it. Nice.

47 cuts & scrapes later.....and I could even cry like the baby I wanted to 'cause there was a hot girl there.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. It's amazing some of us survived childhood, isn't it? But I think Ozzy wins. I never caused explosions or anything. I guess I'll have to add in a few of mine as well... Let's see...The best ones...

At age five, took a tumble down the stairs, flattening my nose (the nice scar now serves to hold my glasses in place)

At age eight or nine, was collecting insects for a school project, found a ground wasp nest... You get the picture (we lived by Lake Erie, too far north for fire ants).

Same year, grandpa had a cart of sorts he made from leftover parts of stuff, he used it to ferry trash cans to the street for pickup. The frame of said cart was made from an old lawnmower chassis that had the folding handle. Sister and I were pushing each other around on it. Hit a bump, I fell between the handles, the two latches that allow the handle to fold tore nicely matching gashes on each hip.

In high school, attempted to ride my bike through a gravel embankment, bike went one way, I went another, ended up in the road. Had to roll away from traffic, and ended up pulling gravel out from under one kneecap. Didn't feel a thing, the nerves shut down for a good half hour. Still get a limp when the weather gets cold...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast