Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Human Tricks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man... kneecaps are falling off left and right here... are these things just not screwed on tight enough or something? I may start wearing kneepads under my clothes. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sitting here laughing but I must admit...the kneecap stories are making me queasy... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img] I think I'm going to get me some knee pads and start wearing them. Maybe I'll start a fashion trend. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also remember the first (and LAST time) I fried chicken. I've always heard never use a fork to turn the chicken. That was real good advice...which I didn't take. The chicken slid off, splashed into the hot oil which splashed over my hand. I spent the next half hour pacing from one end of my apartment to the other panting and howling. I had quite a few HUGE blisters. I don't think anything hurts quite as bad as a burn. So...DON'T TURN FRIED CHICKEN WITH A FORK! Use....you ready Ozzy??...TONGS. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I had busted my forehead wide open, and could see my skull and the fat layers on either side (once the blood slowed down after about 10 minutes)
    ohmigod... that's awful! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img]

Oh yeah...last week I was playing on the couch with my dog Ollie. His toy dropped onto the floor. I bent down to pick it up at the same time he jumped down to get it. He got it first and flung his head up. His head hit me in the forehead. (If anybody has ever gotten hit by dog's skull, you know they are hard as a brick.) I'm surprised it didn't knock me out. It hurt so bad it made me feel sick for few minutes. Had a nice lump over my left eye. Its still sore after a week.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OOH! I have another story involving a knee! K, well, I was with my friend and we were going to his house, and he stopped with his sister by their next door neighbor's house to see the raspberries they had. So, they ran up the black driveway, and I came running to see too. But, I tripped before I even got 3ft into the driveway where it was all broken up with cracks and loose tar stuff. And, my knee got scraped, and the little bits of driveway tar stuff got into my cut. Anyways, we removed them, and now I have a barely remaining scar. And I never even saw the raspberries. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree burns hurt the worst. I'm a hands-on girl, my first real job was running a shirt press in a laundry. In college I worked as a computer hardware tech. After college, as picture framer. Now I work summers for a jeweler.

I have numerous scars from burns, cuts and scrapes that I don't really consider worth mentioning; they're just part of the job(s). I just cope. In all the years and injuries, I've even broken a finger, but never had stitches or casts from any of it. I guess that's just part and parcel of growing up in a family where 'suck it up and get back on the horse' was the order of the day.

Stuff like this doesn't gross me out, or anything. To me, its part of life. I actually feel sorry for some of the youngest generation. I believe many in this country (US) have grown up in such sterile, over-protected environments that they... how to put it? Have not developed appropriate immune system responses or pain tolerance... I believe that coddling people, like coddling plants, can in extreme cases lead to a weak and ineffective offspring. Strength should be nurtured, not weakness. Am I making sense? But then again, I should in the interests of disclosure admit I don't have kids of my own, just cats and plants...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still waiting for Flytrapgurl to chime in and re-tell us of her various and sundry tales of bruises and scars on forehead and knees. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I have a little time that I can tell about one of my many stupid human tricks. Maybe when I get home next week I can tell more if anybody is interested.

In the town of Holden Beach NC, there is a highrise bridge that connects the mainland to an island. I did a quick google search to find the height but I didn't find it. Here's what I found, this should give an idea of how big it is.

Holden Beach Bridge

Anyway as you can tell it's really steep and high. You can even get a bike up to around 50 mph on the way down. Yes I did it many times.

I also did the same thing with a skateboard. When you get upto a certain speed, the trucks on the skate board would start to shake really bad. The trucks is the unit that held the wheels on. You could losen or tighten the trucks. The loser they were the more flexiablity you'd have in a turn. The tighter they are the more speed you could get but you couldn't turn as well. Most people find just the right spot to fit how they ride. I had gotten use to the way I had mine. I could judge the speed I was going by how much the trucks shake. On the day of the incident I had tightened the trucks up. I was at the top of the bridge and started down.

Here is a little program that you can see what it's like standing on top of the bridge.

360 view

Everythig was normal, I was building up speed. I was about half way down when I saw a car had came over the top of the bridge. I knew I had time to get to the base of the bridge before the car caught up to me. When I reached the section of the bridge, where I could jump over the side and land on the mound of earth that heald up the bridge, I jumped off the board. If you look in the next pic, you'll see where the concrete side rail and the steel rails meet.

PFT won't allow this extention so just click here to see the pic.

I had just past that area when I jumped off the board. Now remember I had tighted up the trucks on the board that day, and the board was not shaking like it normaly did when I would ride it down the bridge. So I guess that's why I thought I could jump off the board, bend down and pick it up, then get out of the way of the car. When I jumped off, I quickly realized that I was going way to fast. I was going so fast that my feet couldn't adjust. As soon as my feet hit the concrete, I fell and started rolling down the bridge. When most people fall off skate boards they skined their knees or elbows. I never did. I always land on my shoulder and knuckles. I skinned all the skin off my left shoulder, hit my head on the road and I scrapped every knuckle. As soon as I stopped rolling, I jumped up, grabbed my board and jumped over the rail of the bridge. I'm sure the people in the car got quite a show.

I still have the scar on my shoulder. I landed on the same shoulder again when I was riding drunk. So I guess the scar is from both of those incidents.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, I have to things to say. First ... OUCH!!!!! Second How on earth have you lived this long? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy, I'm bulletproof.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast