What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid Human Tricks

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date
Slurm, I gotta feeling your going to be on the hot seat soon.
smile_n_32.gif

FIRE IN THE HOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already taken care of.....ouch....

About a month ago I bought some habaneros. I was cooking Beef stroganoff and thought that it would be better if I made it a little spicy. I diced 3 peppers and added them to the pot. I was smart enough to wash my hands, so that I didn't get the pepper juice in my eye. Less than a minute after I washed my hands I guess I touched my forehead, even though I don't remember doing it. I started feeling a slight burning sensation in one of my eyes. Reflexes caused me to rub my eye with my hands. As soon as my hands touched my eye I realized that I didn't do a very good job washing my hands. The burning instantly got twice as bad. So since I couldn't use my hand and I was in extreme pain, I grabbed my shirt and wiped my eye. It took me just a millisecond to realize that was my biggest mistake of all. The pain got ten times as bad. I went to the sink and started splashing water in my eye but it only caused it to hurt worse, I decided that the best thing to do was nothing. So I took my shirt off and put on a clean one. I spent the next ten minutes regretting that I even bought the peppers. I also learned another important lesson, you only need to use half a habanero instead of three for a small pot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]a red savina habanero pepper (2nd hottest variety in the world).

Hey Slurm, I always thought the red habanero was the hottest.  What is the hottest?

I use three regular habaneros in a big pot of my chili Ozzy and that seems about right.

There is no hottest pepper. Some say Habanero, some say Tepin. A lab in India tested a variety called Naga Jolokia and found it to be far hotter than any habanero, but that finding hasn't been verified and could well be bogus.

Ozzy, I think there is no amount of washing that will completely rid your hands of capiscin. It's best just to use latex gloves right away.

Peter

We're talkin' pepper, now, eh?

Just sowed: golden habenero, white habenero, 5 color marble (not habenero), scotch bonnet, atomic starfish, caribbean red (habenero), tazamanian habenero and fatalli peppers. Already growing: cayenne and diablo grande.

also expect to get some orange habeneros later this year...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Ozzy, I think there is no amount of washing that will completely rid your hands of capiscin.

Where were you, a month ago?

You're not alone in that experiance Ozzy, and I've never even considered latex gloves
confused.gif
but I will from now on.

OK a few from when I was younger.
1) Not really sure how old I was but I'l guess around 5 or so. My Grandmother was coming to pick me up from my Great-Grandmothers. I was on her poarch waiting, standing up in a folding lawn chair. When I saw her car I leaned forward to wave, and the chair collapsed forward. I knocked out my two front teeth. It sthucked
smile_n_32.gif

2) My grandfather use to ride all the kids around in a trailer hooked to his John Deer. Most of my friends were 2 to 5 years older than me. They were jumping out of the trailer, and back in. I thought it looked like fun so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Somewhere mid departure I got scared and latched on to the back of the trailer. I was shouting stop but my GF couldn't hear me. I got dragged on my knees for two blocks. I still have no idea why I didn't let go, must have just locked up.

Oh, now I remember one. I must have been 10, and my older brother had built a gocart out of 2x4s and lawnmower wheels. No engine or anything, but our street is sloped so we'd just ride it down and pull it back up. Now as I said, the street is sloped. It is shaped like an L. You get started on the shorter part and ride down the longer. We did this all afternoon, usually two people riding at once.
Finally I get a turn by myself. I get going pretty fast, but for some reason I couldn't get the thing to turn going around the curve. Panic set it and I forgot to brake. I walked away having skinned a heel (yes I was barefoot) and punctured the tire on the neighbor's Mercedes.
I never enjoyed the gocart much after that...

Peter

Back