Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LAWD! LAWD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not just my town, it's people who live all over....believe it or not, we're not all sheep out here. We can think for ourselves.

My issues with Hillary are not that she's allegedly carpetbagger, or strident, or manly, or not sufficiently subservient to her husband, or whatever BS issues the right/religious right comes up with...my issue with her is that she's a centrist. To paraphrase Jim Hightower..the only things to be found in the middle of the road are dead skunks and yellow dogs.

As the link you sent shows..she has voted with right wing Republicans many, many times, and it's high time that the Democratic Party stopped tolerating that. It's time for Democrats to stop being "Republican Light." Democrats need to represent a clear, line in the sand choice.

I don't want anything or anyone that even remotely smells like a Republican representing me. And in Illinois, for now, we have succeeded.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]As the link you sent shows..she has voted with right wing Republicans many, many times, and it's high time that the Democratic Party stopped tolerating that. It's time for Democrats to stop being "Republican Light." Democrats need to represent a clear, line in the sand choice.
    What I'm about to say has nothing to do with Hilary, this is just to prove my point.

This is what I was talking about. I don't know what Hillary voted for or against. I would assume she voted for what she thought was right. This is why I am against both parties, you can't vote for what you think is right, you have to vote for what the rest of your party believes. I'm sorry but if I was in congress or the senate, I would vote for what I felt was right, not what my party told me too. I have a brain and I will look at a situation and decide for myself if I believe in a certain issue or not.
    April, you said that not all of you are sheep, but what you said sounds to me that you believe that we should all follow the Democratic party just like sheep do.
    This is the same issue I have with Peta, Greenpeace, the NRA, etc. Instead of looking at what is right or wrong they only see thier own side.

Issuse are not always black or white, sometimes both sides may have a element of right. There is a song that says, "I don't see things in black and white, I see things in wrong and right"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler,

Some of the "idiots" you pay the salary of may be your neighbors. I'm not anti-government. After all..the government makes sure your roads are safe to drive on, your food is safe to eat, your air is safe to breathe, your cars are safe to drive in, your mail gets delivered, your water is safe to drink, your taxes are not above your ability to pay them, your old age is not lived in abject poverty, armed gangs don't roam your streets, firemen will put out your house if it's on fire, your military defends you, your policemen defend you, your wildlands are sometimes preserved, art that you may or may not enjoy is preserved, museums are funded, schools are funded, disaster relief is funded, hospitals are funded, emergency rooms are funded, medical research is funded, road building is funded, airports are funded, and the security and air traffic controller personnel to employ them, and public transportation, etc., etc., etc.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it looks like so many people are spoonfed opinions by their party because that's how the media makes it seem. There's no such thing as individuals in the media... just "republicans", "democrats", "blacks", "whites", yada yada yada... spoken of as if they were single unified hive-minds or something.

And personally I don't think gender or race are even close to being relevant criteria for a political office... so irrelevant they aren't even worth talking about. Does anyone know how many green-eyed presidents we've had? Does anyone care?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Ozzy, I said I would work for the more progressive local and national candidates. I said this fully realising that progressive(liberal) democrats and regular democrats are not the same creatures. Lieberman and Clinton are Republican Light candidates. Lieberman should probably switch parties, it would be more honest. Personally, I voted for Kucinich,and I'd love to see Feingold run for President. I'm even kind of hinky about Barak Obama...he's way too nice to the opposing party...when there's so much to go after.

We're really on the same side, Ozzy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im glad hillary is such a centrist. i have been watching rather closely and several of her ideas have become more... moderated, but most havnt changes sice she has been in a presedential hopefull. What she stands for most closely approxomates my beleifs better than any other candidtate

i hope she wins

so shoot me
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It's not just my town, it's people who live all over....believe it or not, we're not all sheep out here. We can think for ourselves.
    No need to make further insinuations. I don't believe all people are sheep (who'da thunk?!) I am merely making an observation of something which I have seen and noted. I neither accused you, or anyone else here of being a "sheep."
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BAAAAAA

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast