Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: LAWD! LAWD!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April:

Firefighters: only have a local volenteer service, i donate greatly to them, not much of my tax dollars fund them so when they have a raffel or a banquet or such i buy a ticket or two. they saved my house once. not to mention we give them a break on any printing we do for them at the shop. i also buy the guys a beer when they are out having a few when i am, these guys have my upmost respect.

Police officers: mostly paid by my tax dollars, have minimal beef with the locals, most of the feds are useless, especially the FBI idiots we have stationed locally.

Military: no problem with funding them as long as there isnt an idiot in the office. unfortunatly they are spread thinner than i would like at the moment

Schools: mainly local taxes, no beef, infact i voted to increase my taxes several time to help out the school my step kids go to as they needed the funding. really wish the ACLU would stay out of stuff, they have out lived their usefulness.

i have no issues with bout half the stuff my taxes go to however i have issues with aany govenment job such as those dealing with the Patriot act, the no child left behind act, the ATF is about useless and mostly unconstitutional, the boarder patrol is largly ineffective also ect ect ect

we have lost the war on drugs, the money should be directed twords helping those who want it instead of imprisoning those using them moderatly in their homes.

having a rifle with a barrel 16 inches long is legal, but at 15 and 7/8 inches its a felony(technically though its evading a $200 tax but you will be imprisoned for a long time)

as far as those ppl being my neighbors, we are looking for a decent office gal at the papaer and are paying decent for the area yet cant find anyone, im sure one of those layed off could easily get an honest job at the newspaper.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Omnipotent here again.
    Just a reminder that you all were warned about the dangers of politcal factions.

The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty.

Just for all of you who show party loyalty above the common good of the nation, you are the the destroyers. I promise that you will be reincarnated as bugs that will be eaten by carnivorous plants.

Bonus karma points for those that actually know their american history and recognize who said this and when.

Sincerely,
    Creator of everything (except reality TV)
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Washington, and it's an excerpt from his farewell speech. Sometime, when you have a spare hour, you should read the whole thing.

Since some of you have SO MUCH against political parties, and are quite willing to paint their followers with extremely wide brushes...could any of you political geniuses please be so kind as to name me some alternatives? I'd like to check them out! Please don't tell me Ralph Nader is one of them.
    \"People place their hand on the Bible and swear to uphold the Constitution; they don't put their hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible,\" Jamie Raskin, to Senator Nancy Jacobs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (aprilh @ Mar. 01 2006,10:56)]George Washington, and it's an excerpt from his farewell speech. Sometime, when you have a spare hour, you should read the whole thing.

Since some of you have SO MUCH against political parties, and are quite willing to paint their followers with extremely wide brushes...could any of you political geniuses please be so kind as to name some alternatives? Please don't tell me Ralph Nader is one of them.
    I have read it, quite a few times actually.

The alternative is to stop voting for extermists, of any party. If a person is not capable of being understanding, intellegent and use a certain amount of wisdom when it comes to dealing with all walks of life then he shouldn't be elected.
    On that note people who are willing to vote for unbending , self agrandising, incompetents, are no better. If you want to vote for someone because your minister said so, you are just as bad if you vote for someone because your union leaders said do. Get a brain and research your candidates of all parties. Even tree hugging, pro life, log cabin, born again pagans.

I still admit that elections with the current cronies (the kingmakers not the candidates) make elections a situation where a person is forced to choose the voting for the lesser evil.

Remember at one point in this country the President got the most votes and the vice president was th person with the second most votes. I would also recommend looking into the disbanding of the electoral college.

The citzens of this country have right to completly screw it up with who they vote for. And it is the right of others to point out their incompetence.

Sincerely,
    Creator of everything in six days

but my watch is not like yours
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha. The only use of political parties at this point is to fund the election campaign for their chosen one.

The independants don't have a shot because there really isn't anyone to foot the bill when they want to get their views out.

My take on the parties, though is that on some issues, the dems are right. On some, the repubs are. On MOST issues, NEITHER party has the monopoly on the right, but it really does lie somewhere in the middle. Problem with that is this: compromise is a difficult thing. I have enough problems just coming to compromises with my wife, and we're just two people, not two parties.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    compromise with my wife is easy, she understands that i have an addiction to firearms and i understand that she is going to thump me occationally because of purchases due to said addiction [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schloaty has it right. The basis of the dysfunction in our political system is the way campaigns are financed and politicians bought. There is a huge statistical correlation with the amount of money spent and who wins elections. Our system as it stands is designed to give corporations a huge, indeed defining influence in who gets on ballots and who gets elected. Those politicians then represent the interests of those corporations on their donor list, and not the rest of us.

This infects both parties equally, and is a non-partisan problem. People intuitively feel a disconnect between their problems and issues and the politicians that represent them. At this point, people are used to not being represented in government. It's sad, and it won't stop until we are able to remove the corporate financing of campaigns.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a lot of friends I like to argue with about politics, both republican and democrat out here. We have been talking about yet another blatant lie told by our Head Nitwit, George. We all have agreed, the people in the parties are not the problem. The leadership of those parties, both repub or demo, leave too much to be desired. We are all thinking about independant parties that speak to our own particular political ideas. I guess a lot of us ARE getting tired of all this useless drivel dropping from the lackaleaderships lips. We are beginning to think a REAL change is what we need to stop this Killing of America. How long do you people want these greedy, lying , useless people to "rule" us? KICK'EM TO THE CURB!!!!

45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast