Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnivorous Plant "Paper"...

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a search engine, obviously! My condolences. It used to be said that once one is in the unenviable position to relace the engine, it is time to replace the car. Does Brian know how to "drop an engine"? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha this engine is just for fun... need to take parts off of it because my car is my daily driver... can't mess with it b/c I need it everyday lol! And yes, he does know how to, but so do I! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    **Jess**

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, it's like a Tim Taylor thing! I knew if I assumed it would be a Brian endeavor, I would be inappropriately stereotyping! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hey, would any of these links be helpful?

geology

florida

sarracenia

more geology

estuary

more florida

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES they will... because we are also allowed to use topics about the AREA, not necessarily the plant/animal itself.... freakin awesome thank you jim!!
    **Jess**

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're very welcome and good skill with the paper!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's the paper going? (I happen to login shortly after you posted on another topic)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (jimscott @ April 01 2006,9:02)]How's the paper going? (I happen to login shortly after you posted on another topic)
    I was just reading all the sources! I've got a general idea where to head now... it's just: do I have the time to get it all done, I'm such a procrastinator!
    **Jess**

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omigish, I wasn't expecting a return and response so quickly! I know what you mean about procrastination. When I was a first semester freshman, I took Intro to Philosphy. We had to write 3 papers. I put all of them off until the last week of the semester. And then I wrote the 3 in 4 days. Or shall I say I plagiarized 3 papers in 4 days! I still don't know what Phenomenology and whatever else I was writing about. At least the rudiments of Existentialism made it into my brain.

In high school, senior year, I took an English mini-course called American Novel and we had to read this book called, "Intruder In The Dust", by William Falkner. It was the most boring book I ever sunk my mind into. And when the first test came I talked my teacher into giving me an extention. And when the time was up, I talked him into another. And then I talked my best buddy into giving me a synopsis of the characters, plot, and theme. Then I took the test and actually passed -w ithout ever reading the book.

Okay, so much for bad habits and creative solutions! Later on in college I learned to do two things. One was to utilize the many 10 & 15 minute time intervals before and after classes to read and re-read my notes and textbooks. Since attention span is short and block times get frittered away, the most effective times for continuous reinforcement are the many little bit here and little bit there, on a daily basis. When it came time for the exams - I was more than ready. And I didn't forget the material the day after. And when the finals came - I still remembered the material. I still had plenty of time for fun stuff - like chess, Scrabble, tennis, football,....

For papers, I found the task of writing one to be overwhelming. But I decided I would. early on, just write something down, early on. Just that little bit of getting started made it a whole lot easier to continue and complete.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast