Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any updates?

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, about doing it on the cheap- you should check out a desklamp from a thrift store (that's what I did) and get one o' them 23 watt compact fluorescents (also what I did)
    the light one of them bulbs kicks out should allow you to grow maybe 10 different sundews in a wee tray- just a suggestion, but you could get started for about 10 dollars, and then you can help me out by killing some D x tokaiensis (I'll send ya a couple thousand seeds and you can give 'em your best shot)
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Carl, are you guys having an Ontario CP meeting this month?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess an update is in order: I've got a d. capensis and a d. capillaris comming from one of the friendly forum people. I have to make a trip down to my local home depot/ canadian tire to pick up some soil for the little guys, and while I'm there I'm going to see if they have any venus flytraps for sale. I like the pigmy sundew that jimscott put up on the previous page, but I don't know how easy it will be to get my hands on one.

Mabudon: why would you want me to kill the D x tokaiensis for you? But if you send me the seeds I'll try my best to not kill them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've given the situation some more thought, and I wouldn't mind continually growing seedlings... I could trade the plants for more seeds once they get too big for me, or I could put them up as plants for postage which would make the forum people happy. And I would be happy because baby plants are sooo cute [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol I want you to kill them cos I haven't figured out how exactly yet and last year I got so many seeds from the 100 or so plants I had that it kinda drove me even more mental than I already was..
    You might have to look a bit harder than home depot for suitable media (that's the term for growing stuff that ain't dirt BTW) but it is pretty easy to come by nonetheless once ya know what you're looking for- the peatmoss they'll have, the silica sand might be another thing tho, but if you need help locating stuff don't worry, someone can help...
    and don't worry about seedlings getting too big, if you want to start out with rosetted sundews, they won't be getting "too big" (in ordinary parlance at least) for quite some time...
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (anmbia @ Mar. 13 2006,11:26)]I've given the situation some more thought, and I wouldn't mind continually growing seedlings... I could trade the plants for more seeds once they get too big for me, or I could put them up as plants for postage which would make the forum people happy. And I would be happy because baby plants are sooo cute [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    You grow girl! And remember, they may be cute now, but they do grow up and become adolescent plants. Then they start rebelling and staying up all night and eating everything that doesn't eat them first and.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123