What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got a questions for the cops here

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I want to ask if this is normal procedure.

Let's say I have a friend that was arrested, When he was first booked they told him they were going to charge him with Identity theft, fleeing, and obstruction of official business.
Well my friend is not one to keep his mouth shut. He told the cop that they couldn't charge him with fleeing, and then he tell the cop that he was never detained and when he was asked to come back to the scene he did. When he was released from jail they quickly read the charges. But now the charges had been changed. Now he's charged with identity fraud, DCI, and obstruction of official business. Like I said my friend is not one to just accept whatever they tell him and leave. So he questions about the DCI charge. They say "It is because you were drinking" My friend calmly says " I wasn't drinking" The cop then said" Well you must have had a few too many last night then" Then my friend tells the cop that he knew he wasn't drinking. They then say that it's all on tape and to tell it to the judge. Then they tell him to sign the citation. So my friend circles the DCI charge and writes OMIT. Too may a long ugly story short, the cops loses their minds and an ugly shouting match breaks out. My friend was cursing at them all the way out the door.

Well my question is, why would the cops not mention anything about the drinking charge? They never asked if he was drinking, never even mentioned it. It looks to me that they had already arrested him, and realised that they couldn't charge him with fleeing, so they made up a bogus charge to justify arresting him.

My friend left the jail house and went straight to the hospital, and had the hospital do a blood test for alcohol. My friend hadn't had any alcohol at all for at least a few weeks.
Is what they did normal, or were they just trying to find a bogus charge. From the time he returned to the scene, until the time they accused him of drinking, he was 100% friendly with the cops and cooperative. So why would they give him a charge they knew he wasn't guilty of.

If you can help me out with this I will really be thankful, I mean, my friend will be thankful.

I guess nobody cares?
smile_h_32.gif

Its be cause the police couldnt come up with a good reason why he wasnt faulty (if i read right) so they decided to say he was drinking. What ealse can they say?

Seeing as i havent gotten along with the police since i turned 13 i would say its probably not to uncommon for the cop to just wanna lock some one up. You know getting bored on the job, hey this guy might have identity theft... and w/e

Cheers

Edit: Please be respectful there are some good people here who could be offended

Hey AK, this happened it your home state, Ohio.

I have one word for you:
LAWYER

Have your friend get one.
I like giving free legal advice.
Since I am not a lawyer. I have given the total extent of my legal knowledge.

I have two words: April Fool. That is what's next. Plenty of set up time. Suck them in. Laugh in their faces. Keep on going Oz. >;-D

Im sure theirs a lawyer that would love to take a hit at the cop. make some cash, once again never said Ohio Was a great state, bigger isnt better.
Cheers

Edit: Please be respectful there are some good people here who could be offended ... yeah Im lazy and pasting the same edit note
smile_n_32.gif
Im tired and its late
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Mar. 07 2006,9:37)]I have two words: April Fool. That is what's next. Plenty of set up time. Suck them in. Laugh in their faces. Keep on going Oz. >;-D
I thought he was going to use a sock puppet this year.

Cops can be some underhanded MoFers. Especialy if your friend was being mouthy there at the end. I have heard of so many underhanded things. They will lie, cheat and do what they need to do to make a bust or arrest. They lie in interigations all the time, sometimes getting a false confesion. There was an instance in Macon GA when I lived there that I heard about. There was two main pot selling groups. One day one of the groupls was dry, but the other group had plenty. Well, there was a drug bust that night. The next day the other group was out selling again. That was too big of a coinsidence, but of course nothing can be proven. I also know of another fact right here close to my home now. The Sherif of a small town about maybe 30 min away was getting paid off by the local coke dealer so he wouldn't get busted. The sharif would inform the dealer when GBI was coming and everything. Till one day GBI showed up unannounced and busted him. So if these kinds of underhanded dealings are going on. I wouldn't put it past a pig to try to get something to stick that isn't true.

Please don't get me wrong. Not all cops are bad, and many I could be friends with while they were off the job. I have been given warnings by many cops for trafic stuff and I am thankful, but there are alot of crooked ones too. Also alot that are just Aholes. I have tried many times to make friends with my neighbor who is a cop. He just keeps blowing me off and doesn;t seem interested in holding a conversation.

Its not that nobody cares Ozzy but if you read the previous responces you will see why I and prob Rose did not answer. How many times were we called pigs and/or Mofoers? Its sad. If you wish to send me an email asking the question again I will answer it to the best of my knowledge. Most people have no understanding of how the police conduct investigations and also never place any blame on themselves so the logical person to blame is the police. But like I said if you wish to email me I will help ya if I can.

Wolf

Wolf you are right it is sad, but a few bad police ruined it for the whole. It is unreal the ammount of injustice performed by police its unreal, and no wonder your profession has the rep it does. You are correct that many people do not take blame for their actions. I know I didn't growing up. Please do not take any offence to my comments previously posted. There are good and there are bad, there are nice and there are arses in every profession. Its just that since police have a position of athority it is sometimes overstepped by SOME indeviduals. Its just like being a Doctor and working with kids. Some kids turn and run at the site of a white coat. No matter if your going to give them a shot or not. The average person who has been harrassed by a police or knows someone who has is more likely to feel threatened by the site of a uniformed police officer.

Both of my seatbelt violations have been given by police who I think just wanted to F with me. Because I pass the one local cop all the time without my seatbelt AFTER the ticket and he hasn't pulled me again. This one time he saw me and turned around and then had to catch up with me because where he turned around at was way down theroad not because I was speeding. Then the other time I was BEHIND the cop and I passed him and he pulled me for no seatbelt. Now keep in mind these were both cops of the oposite ethnicity, and I was on the wrong side of town. Even though I was going to work. Now many will say if I was just wering the seatbelt I woudln't have gotten pulled. To those that are thinking that your absolutely correct! Although if that was the case then why wasn't I pulled by the other 50 police I see driving to and from work and school every day. Those were the only two times I feel it was for that reason, others was because of the way my truck looked and I was a young driver.

I do think younger drivers get hammered more than older drivers. Sometimes the way you look also effects the outcome sometimes too. Don't forget about the bad apples too that ruin it for the good ones.

Well I have to agree there are bad police, it is going to happen. Luckly the new standards that are in place are making it increasingly difficult for the bad ones to find jobs.

As for your seatbelt scenerio unless the LEO acted unproffesionally while on the stop with you then I see no reason why you feel you were being screwed with. Just because one LEO does not want to stop someone for not wearing there seat belt does not mean that the next LEO is doing something wrong by stopping you. Each LEO is different. I personally usually do not stop vehicle for minor violations unless there are other circumstances. I instead save my time for something I deem more important. But many other LEO's at my department stop every vehicle with an infraction. There is nothing wrong with that and they are not screwing with people it is just their style. It is to bad you feel the way you do, maybe you should do a ride along with your local department and get a feel for how they think. And as you said, there was a simple way for you not to have been 'f'ed with. Obey the law!
smile.gif

Wolf

look wolf, i really dont have a problem with you guys, its the only way to keep society strait, but i havent had good experiences with Cops, and i dont mean to offend you with "pig" im just used to using that term, thats what i call police, unless well Im right their next to one. And im sure its difrent from cop to cop and im aware of that, its just my uncle in texas is a cop near Laredo, and hes all gun ho and all, but hes dirty, he wont fallow the law cause its a boarder town and its really messed up down their, He goes by what every one ealse is doing. It really P/O'd me when he was driving around thinking its ok for him to break the law cause hes a cop. i guess thats one reason why i dont like the police. They think their better cause they have the badge on their side.

cheers

It is a shame that a few bad cops spoil the reputation for all the other good ones. I know there are thousands of cops doing incredibily brave and heroic things every day and often that goes unnoticed.

But I do think it sucks when a cop totally makes up a charge (the drunk charge). I don't care what the situation, its no excuse to do something like that which can have serious legal repercussions. No one should have to defend themselves against trumped up charges. If the cop thought "he" was being belligerent, charge him with something appropriate...don't LIE.

Overall I think cops are special people who put their lives on the line every single day. I just wishthere wasn't that "code of silence" when there is a bad cop. Bad cops need to booted out just the same as any other employee who gets canned for doing a poor job.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JB_OrchidGuy @ Mar. 08 2006,2:58)]Both of my seatbelt violations have been given by police who I think just wanted to F with me.  Because I pass the one local cop all the time without my seatbelt AFTER the ticket and he hasn't pulled me again.  This one time he saw me and turned around and then had to catch up with me because where he turned around at was way down theroad not because I was speeding.  Then the other time I was BEHIND the cop and I passed him and he pulled me for no seatbelt.  Now keep in mind these were both cops of the oposite ethnicity, and I was on the wrong side of town.  Even though I was going to work.  Now many will say if I was just wering the seatbelt I woudln't have gotten pulled.  To those that are thinking that your absolutely correct!  Although if that was the case then why wasn't I pulled by the other 50 police I see driving to and from work and school every day.  Those were the only two times I feel it was for that reason, others was because of the way my truck looked and I was a young driver.  
Fasten your seat belt. That would be the wise thing to do.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I have NEVER been pulled over for something and gotten a warning. EVERY time I have gotten a ticket. Although, I never went to calling names or saying it was because of how I looked... Or cause I drove vehicles that would generally mean "trouble maker".

My brother is a cop, I did a ride along with him not too long ago. Generally he doesn't mess with the little stuff... But for the day I was riding with him, I got to make the call (I had read the motor vehicle handbook the night before for the little obscure things...) So, It wasn't the cop picking on people that day. It was his ride along brother.
smile_l_32.gif

Andrew

I really didn't want or intend this to become a "Is cops bad" topic. Wolf I guess you had a lot more insight than I did.

I consider this forum as a family. There are all different types of people here with different views and beliefs. Even though some of us may not get along in the real world, we put those differences aside and we get along because of our mutual interest in cp's. Some of the newer members don't understand this, and they may say things without realising that it may hurt or offend another member. Just like AK said, he wouldn't call a cop a pig if there was one beside him. Sometimes we don't think that our words on here has the same effect as if the person was standing beside us. I just don't think sometimes that members here will turn on another member because of something like this.
Wolf, I guess that you're a cop 24/7. You have to deal with how some people feel about cops everyday of your life. So you're more aware that a conversation like this will turn ugly. I'm sorry for putting you and Rose in this position.

If people wants to continue this discussion fine. You may express your dislike of cops but no more derogatory names.

I guess i need to control my tounge be for i speak.

Cheers

Hey no prob Ozzy, not your fault. Just seems to happen whenever civilians bring up police. Alot of people feel that because they have one bad situation with a LEO then they should have a tainted view of the rest of the LEO's that they come into contact with. If I use this same way of thinking then everyone I come into contact with I must assume is a murderer, rapist, thief & wife beater. Obviously that doesnt work. You dont have to respect me because of my position but please do not disrespect me because of my position either.

Wolf

IMO, 99 times out of 100 if someone is saying "the cops were hassling me man..for like no reason..I didnt do nuthin" that person was totally in the wrong and the police were fully justified in whatever it was they did.

people never like to admit when they do anything wrong..
much easier to blame the cops than take any responsibility for your own actions..
icon-rolleyes.gif

of course..im sure all the examples in this thread must be in the 1%..

Scot

Back