Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water purifiers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I use Brita and snow
    Boo!
    Got scared [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brita is not much different than PUR. They both just filter out the big stuff and let a lot of the disolved minerals pass through. Snow, depending on where you live, is usually pretty clean and can be used like rain water.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh to many ways to choose. Ive been told by a reputable source (you might have seen his pictures of his CP's on the CP E-book by the guys at cobraplants.com ) he uses this
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/aquamall...minrevoss.html
    its little.. he says it works Great! and it filters pleanty of water... im only worried about the 1 gallon every 3 hr's.... kinda sucks. Hes dont lots of nifty things so, hes preaty knowladgeable to me so.

If not ill keep my eye out for a water purifire
    What about the ones they sell at california carnivores?

Cheers and THANKS for all the info!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing really wrong with a small RO system like that. It would do the trick yes.

My thoughts however. Stick with one that takes standard replacement filters. Some of the mini ones use those throwaway canister filters that are designed for fridge icemakers etc. You can't simply change the filter.. you have to buy the whole thing since they don't come apart. You are also limited to a specific filter. You can't order a standard 2.5" x 10" filter cartridge for a standard housing. I also think that if your going to spend 90 bucks.. spend another 50 and get a unit that will produce water much faster and accept standard size filters and ro membranes. That way you will have a unit that will last years and years. Like I mentioned earlier, the ratings on the units are done with much higher water pressure and water that is room temperature. When was the last time your water coming out of the tap was room temperature and at 100psi? In real world situations don't be surprised if your water output is HALF what the unit is rated at because of the lower pressure and colder water found in most peoples home.

What you should be looking for is something like this kent marine 3 stage ro with standard filter housings

The two vertical filter housings are the prefilters. They will take a standard 2.5 x 10" filter regardless of manufacturer. The horizontal white unit on top is the RO membrane housing. It will fit a standard 2" x 12" ro membrane regardless of manufacturer.

Tony
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again for all youre help I havent tested it, but i used to use it on my other plants, but i dont any more i saw water stains on them.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12