What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iz got myself in trouble.............

• Thread starter rattler
  • Start date
DSC02327.JPG

a second hand custom rifle chambered in 375 Winchester Short Magnum, it will duplicate the 375H&H with 250 and 270 grain bullets and it fits in a remington short action. it will be here tomorrow
DSC02248.JPG

Cool rifle rattler!How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Jerry

ahh enough to get the wife mad
smile_n_32.gif

$1250 without the scope, included custom reloading dies, 50 rounds of brass, 20 loaded rounds and assorted bullets. for the exact same rifle it prolly would have cost me around $1600-$1800 to have one built, shopping the used custom gun market is a good way to get a custom rifle for much less than what it costs to build one

I hear ya!
biggrin.gif
Sounds like you got a good deal.

Jerry

darn that could buy a lot cps.
But that would piss my wife off also.
;)

If you have never shot a rifle chambered with the WSM you will love it. I will never hunt with a rifle that is not chambered in a WSM again. Good buy, although I prefer wood stocks, its a slick looking rifle. What are you planning on hunting with a .375? You got Kodiaks there?

What's your rifle doing in a school yard?
smile_n_32.gif

actually wolf i dont care for most WSM's, dont like the short fat look in 7mm's and 30's but when yah throw a 375 bullet in one now youve peaked my interest. as far as what am i going to hunt, first order of buisness is convincing some coyotes to voulenteer for terminal ballistics tests with these 260 accubonds ive got. after that its probably heading west to the mountains for a spring black bear hunt in a couple months after that im not sure other than some more coyotes and ground squirrels, maybe elk, maybe deer. if i pull a speed goat tag im taking the iron sighted 300 Savage just to make fun of all those idiots blasting away at 400 yards(my last was shot at 60 yards). not allowed to hunt griz here yet though they are thinking of allowing it in the counties surrounding Yellowstone as the populations there need to be thinned a bit.

i like anything over 30 cal thats not going to knock the snot out of me. i love my 45-70's, i hope to put together a 416 Taylor within the next year and within the next 5 years a Ruger #1 in 50-110 Winchester(50 Express) with an octogon barrel, color case hardened reciever the works prolly wind up setting me back twice what this 375 cost but ill do that one in stages over time

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] wind up setting me back twice what this 375 cost but ill do that one in stages over time
That way your wife can upset with you over a longer period of time Rattler.
Do it all at once and she will only be mad for a couple of days...weeks?

Nice looking rifle and it sounds like you got a good deal.

Is your 45/70 a Sharps?

lol no, if i spread the cost out over a year or two its no big deal its this all at once that she gets mad at and i get a large "honey do" list over.

i have a Marlin 1895 Guide Gun in 45-70(i LOVE this rifle, 18 1/2 inch barrel, lever action, a sweet, sweet gun) and a NEF Handi Rifle in 45-70. handled a Sharps replica a few weeks ago and i really like them and a decent basic one only runs $850 or so but i want to get my big fifty done first but a Sharps is definatly in my future.

EDIT: double post, computer freaked out.

What's your rifle doing on school grounds?
smile_n_32.gif

not my picture, not sure what is actually in the background of the pic...............

Rattler, Honey do lists are man's punishment for trangressions, real or imagined, committed while in state of marriage.  I, like you learned to live with them.

My buddy owns a mint condition, original Model 1874 Sharps 45/70 complete with bullet molds, reloading dies, scabbard, cartridge belt and monopod.  He has the original bill of sale; $38.00 + $4 for the non standard 32 inch barrel + $4 for the double set triggers.   His cost?  As far as his wife is concerned, “Don’t ask…Don’t tell” is the official household policy.    Darly was mad at him for a month since she is sure it cost him at least $2000.

It and all the accessories reside in the living room in a hand carved oak/glass case.  He tells everyone that unauthorized opening of the cabinet will trigger a claymore mine.

He shoots replica Sharps 45/70 and 45/110’s.   The longest range we are near is only 250 yards.  Neither rifle even breathes hard at that distance.  Reckon ole’ Quigley could probably reach out and touch someone at 500/600 yards.

The 70 is a shooters dream…something about looking down that long barrel, setting the first trigger, hold your breath, exhale a bit, and ever so gently squeezing……

The 110 is a beast.  Unpleasant is the word that comes to mind.

as one of my buddies puts it: "my biggest fear is when i die, my wife sells all my rifles for what i told her they were worth"
smile_n_32.gif

actually my wife knows what i spent on every rifle(including those from before i met her), what they are worth and what it feels like to shoot most of them.

i plan on my 50-110 to be a hunting rifle, not a target rifle, ment to be shot while on your feet. makes a big difference in felt recoil. still looking at it to weigh in at around 10 pounds but perfectly ballanced in the hands, not way muzzel heavy like the Sharps

I thought the photo explained the frequency of school shootings - playgrounds with built-in rifles. That school's colors must be blue & silver.

Nice rifle. When do we get to shhot it. You should come to NC and we can coon hunt with it.

Back