Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It snowed in San Francisco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in the Central Valley we were supposed to get snow but no cloud came over to make it happen. Boohoo...whats the point of cold if their is no snow to make it interesting?

Also wonder what happened to the grapes etc. this year with this funky weather.
    1 Nxventrata

D. muscipula & D. muscipula 'Red Dragon'(barely)

Sarracenia leucophylla(seedling)

S. purpurea and Drosera filiformis filiformis/ intermedia seeds waiting to sprout.

Drosera capensis

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Slurm @ Mar. 11 2006,1:14)]* in atlanta, a "killer blizzard of the century" is any amount of snow greater than 1/2 inch in depth that persists past noon. The news prdicted several feet, though the deepest snowfall i have ever witnessed in atlanta was about 4 inches.
    Um... in western NY, we tend to get an inch or two of snow nearly every day - no exaggeration. Heavy emphasis on 'tend' and 'nearly'. After a half foot, we begin to find it mildly annoying. We're also prepared with snowthrowers and snowplows and salt. The streets are cleared efficiently around around here. Now heat, that's a different story...

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about that on the news. But I heard some place near SF got 32 inches.

It was 86 degrees here yesterday. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] That's actually not normal...we're having a little heat wave here. hehe I can't move my plants out yet because March weather is very fickle. Temps are heading back down after today. I did take one of my neps outside and my tillandsias and a few orchids. I wish I could take them all out but I'd just have to bring them back in again. I cleaned up some of my Sarras and saw a few flower buds. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12