Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It snowed in San Francisco!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, this is crazy. It snowed tonight! I live essentially at sea level here, and it snowed for the first time in a LONG time, and it actually stayed for a while. We might get more tonight. This is my brother's deck, upstairs from my place. It simply doesn't snow here!

BTW, I moved my N. rajah inside!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and it was 60 degrees & raining in Buffalo! Is this right? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_k_ani_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80 degrees and sunny in atlanta for 3 days straight!

Did schools close in San Fransisco?

When I was in middle school, there was a "killer blizzard of the century"* warning on the news for about a week. Everyone panicked and everything was closed and "evacuated" (including schools) a day before the blizzard was supposed to happen. On the day it was supposed to happen, it didn't snow at all! Me and my dad used the days off to go to Tropiflora in Florida.

* in atlanta, a "killer blizzard of the century" is any amount of snow greater than 1/2 inch in depth that persists past noon. The news prdicted several feet, though the deepest snowfall i have ever witnessed in atlanta was about 4 inches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    actually its been pretty warm here in colorado the whole year, snowed about 7 or 8 times which is really low compared to last year, I'm worried about my landscape plants, they already think its spring and there is usually a late year freeze here just before it stays warm like in April, last year 3 feet of Snow in Mid-April!!!! Thats got me scared
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We got 2-3 inches of hail. It's staying around, too. So it's better than snow because it hurts more. >:- ) lol

We had some AMAZING lightnight and thunder last night! I was watching bolts and the big ones would blind you! Our house was shakin' like crazy for a couple of the louder rumbles! Awesome storm, especially since there wasn't much wind! With all the hail, I'm GLAD I brought my plants in.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey capslock, we're feeling the same storm system down here in San Diego. no snow here but you need chains going up the mountain. it's been cold as a witches you know what and we had severe thunderstorm warnings with the possibility of tornadoes [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    For all you people who live in the plains states or the midwest, I am a certified weather spotter for the national weather service so I am always looking at radar and satellite images of these weather systems so keep an eye out, this storm, which is a cold front is merging with a warm front over Arizona/New mexico/Colorado and building in intensity and it's headed your way.
    Hi. My name is Ron, and I am a nepaholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That snow caused a hell of back up on hwy 101. The news here in Florida was all over that. Anybody get stuck in that?

Sincerely,
    Brendhan
    Sincerely,
    Brendhan

Apprently posting fully clothed non sexual photos of myself pisses off the mods. Well I do my part.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's snowed here yesterday and again this evening. It's about the third time this winter we have had a enough snow on the ground to actually say we had a storm. Most of it melted as fast as it landed and we only got an inch or so. Like Kirk said, we've had a dry winter here in Colorado. Keep hoping I don't have to water my yard before spring. It gets so dry that the grass dies otherwise.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast