What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ICPS Seed donation

Well, I decided to donate most of my seeds to ICPS and do I have to count the seeds? Because if I count, it will kill my eyes... I hardly ever took seeds out of their pods...

Yes you need to count the seeds and put them in individually sealed packages of five seeds. They need a minimum of 150,000 seeds. It's greatly appreciated if you can microspcically examine each seed to verify there's a viable embryo. Oh, by the way, the Salvation Army often has used eyeglasses for sale.

Uh oh... Quite a hard job, I mean Very Hard Job
smile_h_32.gif
I'll just have to give out seeds and seedlings if I sow them in the future
smile.gif
Thanks for the info though
smile.gif

You didn't actually think he was being serious did you?

I think you need a little square for that, Bruce! Bad, Bruce, bad!
smile_n_32.gif

ROFLMAO!!! That was a good one, Bruce!!

Yeah, and it was EXTREMELY nice of Bruce to offer to count and package them too!

I agree...bad Bruce...down boy!!

Mike

It was neither here nor there!
smile_m_32.gif

Hey Little Nices

Great that you want to donate seed to the ICPS seedbank. Leg pulling aside, there are guidelines here:

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/seedbank/seeddonation.htm

John Brittnacher is the seedbank manager, and he does a spectacular job with the seedbank. Helping him by submitting seeds as nicely as possible helps him run the seed bank well.

You know, John just doesn't need crazy-rare seeds. Donations of Drosera capillaris or other common stuff is great. He often sends free seeds to teachers or other people getting kids exposed to carnivorous plants in classrooms, etc.

I think the only thing that doesn't do well for him are Sarracenia hybrids. It seems they take forever to be distributed.

Cheers

Barry

Back