User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: mounted I think it's alive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how familiar you folks are with using slabs of cork bark to mount and grow epiphytic plants but it's often covered in all sorts of neat lichens and stuff, usually long dead. But I just got a few large slabs from a new shipment at the orchid shop (so new I was digging out of the pallate sized shipping crate) and I would swear some of the weird stuff that was attached has grown since I mounted my plants to pieces of it as I don't recall ever seeing some of these growths when I mounted the plants a month or two ago.

Is it possible that some of this stuff was reactivated (like dried moss is when wetted) or a figment of my imagination?
    The stuff that appears to be growing is in the highland chamber - if that makes any difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lichens, mosses, and.....worts(horn....not butter) usually regrow after being watered. they can be dried so they only hold 3%(i think) of water and if it is watered than it will grow back.
    alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't hold it anywhere near beyond the capacity of them to resume growth. Whether is be through accepting extended periods of dessication, or through spores or anything else...
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!