Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Very large gator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the belly scales look wrong cause i bet its been gutted. actually i think its trick photography rather than photoshopped. as in the gator is closer to the camera than the officer

as to photoshop pictures looking real. if someone is bored and good with the program you would be surprised. a teacher of mine went in for surgery for cancer while i was in highschool so a couple buddies of mine spent a couple hours making a picture of him standing next to Pamela Anderson as a get well card to cheer him up. needless to say after a few hours work and being darn picky about what pictures we used it looked pretty darn close to being real. the teacher loved the photo
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Mar. 23 2006,3:42)]Its funny how these days if anyone posts an unusual photo, then it MUST have been PhotoShopped.
    not true..
    only the ones that LOOK fake are automatically assumed to be photoshopped!
    which was the case here..

Scot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barry mentioned snopes, which everyone should have bookmarked. I would say out of 100 emails that people send me with a photo or a story, 99 of them turn out to be false.
    Pretty sad, really. Most of the people who fall prey to these just want to help somebody.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you have to love snopes, it's definately the best, even if you don't make $25,000 from forwarding Microsoft emails
    I always suspect everything could be a trap... thats why I'm still alive
    N.A.S.C. Region 9 Head Grower

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/ZAK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding this image, it is more likely merely a bit of "trick photography" than being photoshopped. Most reporters carry extremely wide angle lenses on their cameras, allowing for close focus head shots of fleeing politicians. Such lenses produce a dynamic composition that is exciting and good for front page coverage. In contrast, longer lenses produce pleasing, but static perspectives more suitable for portraiture.

BUT...another use of short lenses is that you can get close to subjects and make them look REALLY BIG in comparison to the background. We've all seen advertising photography of people holding out cell phones (or ipods, etc), where they have tiny feet, big heads, and a huge cell phone in your face? Same principle. No software required, just a short focus lens set at hyperfocal distance.

Later!

Barry
    Carnivorous Plant Newsletter
    Co-editor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't look like it was taken with a wide angle lens. I see no distortion or extreme perspective. There appears to be quite a bit of space between lens and aligator. I would say the aligator was taken with a telephoto lens. I can see the tip of it's nose and bottom of it's tail. If it was a wide angle or fish eye lens, the aligator would be severely distorted. Everything seems normal except for the Photoshopped aligator. Somebody explain to me how a dead limp aligator is able to curve it's tail upwards. Don't say rigor mortis, none of it's limbs seem stiff.

Here's an example of size distortion using a wide angle lens. Photos taken with wide angle lenses are very easy to spot. Look at the guy on the left, his head looks flat, that's one of the telltale signs of wide angle.
    larry
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigflytrap/
    Save a tree, legalize cannabis.
    Be enlightened

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123