What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

buying seeds

Has anyone ever bought seeds through B & T world seeds, they seem to have an extensive list of cp seeds, especially some rare ones. Has anyone ever bought seeds through them?
Thanks,
David

I haven't, but how are they on prices?  I would think if the prices are low enough why not give them a try?  I ordered seeds a couple of times from other sources, but they didn't germinate.  I assume it was because of my methods.  I duno.  I may go check them out and if your not willing to try I might.  Seeds normaly are not to pricey.  Ulike the plants themselves.

I just did a search on the net for these guys and I found this someplace while doing the search.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I have ordered from this company twice. Both times I called them in France to make sure that they actually had the seeds I wanted in stock because I needed them right away. Both times they said they did indeed have the seeds in stock--not as much as I wanted to buy, but enough. Both times they said they would send out my order right away but did not actually send it until literally three months later, by which time I had forgotten about it and gotten the seeds elsewhere. There was nothing wrong with the seed itself, just that it took them three months to send them. I have had this exact same experience with another French seed company not listed here, so maybe it is the way they do things there. If you order from them, keep the lag time in mind.

I also found this comment on the same site though.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Positive catalinetta On Apr 25, 2004, catalinetta Unknown wrote:
I ordered extremely rare seeds, possibly some of the rarest out there, and they arrived promptly. Before I ordered I had a few questions and Leslie (or is it Lesley?) got back to me very quickly after each email. I am planning a big order soon!

Positive clousseau_be On Aug 17, 2003, clousseau_be mechelen, Belgium wrote:
I've ordered from them several times, very good quality and exellent service. Highly recommended !!
If you are looking for that special seed you cannot find anywhere else, try them !!

Positive dianthusman On Dec 3, 2002, dianthusman Unknown wrote:
I've dealt several times from the USA with the folks at B&T, and they are helpful and knowledgeable. Their seeds are good quality, and they list many species and cultivars impossible to find anywhere else. Cavils: their prices are frequently high, and many of the offerings in their plantlists and on their Website are out of stock or unavailable (ALWAYS check with them before you place an order). But a nicer bunch of people you couldn't find anywhere. You owe it to yourself to visit their website.

I did find this on their website after looking at their extensive seed list of CPs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Information in our lists is provided for general guidance only, and we believe that the seeds are correctly named and free from disease etc. We depend upon knowledgeable collectors in source countries, but seeds, being mainly from natural sources, variation due to 'open pollination' is possible. Following custom in the trade, we give no warranty, express or implied, as to the viability or description of the seed, nor can we be responsible for the resulting plant crop or its possible misuse. Should you have any complaint please let us know

What disturbs me is the comment about seeds mainly being from natural sources. If that applies to the CPs then many of those seeds are illegal. Since they offer a few varieties of Oreos I know those are on Cites. I am not sure about others. I know I said in another post that I think they all should be cultivated, but the sole source of seeds should not be frm the wild just the initial to get the cultivation started. I sure hope their sarrs seeds are not wild collected. Since there are many I would like to order, but I don;t want to order poached seeds. I guess some inquiring is in order.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If that applies to the CPs then many of those seeds are illegal.

With permission (although not always necessary in some areas I don't think), it's acceptable to sow half the contents of the pod on the ground and collect the other half.

Then if that is the case. I'm game. Thanks Alexis.

Back